Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Love is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day." - Nicholas Sparks

April 25, 2010

"Love is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day." - Nicholas Sparks

Bob and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary!! It’s crazy to think 17 years have come and gone. I came home from work to find 2 dozen yellow and red roses, along with chocolate. He even brought home dinner so I didn’t have to cook. Does he know me well or what? Our actual celebration will be next weekend.

IMG_1431

The Modern 17th anniversary gift has a theme of Furniture (what??)

How fitting since our dishwasher died and so we had to go shop for one yesterday. (Appliances count as furniture right?) We went to Sears since they were having their energy star sale. Long story short (you’re welcome!) we spent forever trying to pick one out, then they told us that they didn’t have any more of that model (really?? What kind of sale is that?) We had a great salesman and he finally offered us the one on the floor and even dropped the price even more! Brand new- just came out of the box. Its stainless steel and super awesome! We haven’t installed it yet. It’s going on our long list a mile long of things to do.

IMG_1435

Tennis

On Monday, both girls lost both their singles and doubles matches. They went against some tough teams. On Thursday, Kayla won her singles match (6-2) and lost her doubles. Marisa’s meet on Friday was rained out so it has been rescheduled. We did go play this week as a family again.

IMG_1427

Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take A Yard

We keep plugging away at this playground and it is a beast. Not “beast” the way the middle schoolers use it, but “beast” as in “holy heck, what is going on back here?” It better look amazing when we are done and I am PRAYING we get it done before the Sweet 16 Bash. Wish us luck!

IMG_1433

(See?  We’ve made some progress)

IMG_1434

(The giant corner where we dump the weeds)

Stake Activity and a Jefferson win

Kayla had her very 1st Stake Youth Activity and dance last night. I think she had a lot of fun. Hopefully she will write it up in her blog. Marisa’s orchestra had the Jefferson Invitational yesterday and they got 1st place!

IMG_1426

Battle of the Books

I was asked by the librarian to screen all the Battle of the Books list for language and content for the competition next year. So, I have been spending every free minute I have reading. Thank heavens I have another mom who is helping me read through them quickly. I would be up a creek without a paddle without her. So, watch out. My new feature next week may be my book reviews. Speaking of new features:

Things I know for sure (this week)

I think I am starting a new feature called “Things I know for sure”. Oprah has a column like this in her magazine each month so I figure, “What the heck?” Bear with me while I give it a shot.

4. Mopping and scrubbing toilets are my very least favorite chores! If mopping could be killed, I would kill it. We even had a Hoover floor mate, but I still hate it. No…more like despise it. Scrubbing toilets and bathrooms in general is awful. I deep cleaned the bathrooms this week. I get into a swimsuit (don’t worry-no one else is here) and I scrub the bathrooms to death. By the time I finish I feel like an amusement park for potty germs. Yuck- so gross.

3. Thunderstorms are one of my favorite things in the world. I should move to Forks. I really should. Thunderstorms are calming, peaceful and relaxing. Don’t get me wrong, beaches with sun are wonderful too. But there is something about a thunderstorm and nothing else compares.

IMG_1436

(Yes, i made Alayna stand outside so I could catch the storm)

2. Teaching South American Geography to middle schoolers is not as easy as it sounds: especially when you are dealing with Lake Poopo and Lake Titicaca. Enough said.

1. If an intruder came tearing into the house, and Tyler had to make a quick choice what to save, he would save his ice cream over me. I can’t remember if I shared what happened when I got my gallbladder out and Tyler fell down the stairs? He fell down an entire flight of stairs hurting his head, arm, and leg BUT saved his bowl of ice cream! How is that even possible?? I almost ripped my stitches laughing- literally! Then this week, in the kitchen, he had a bowl of ice cream again. He tripped and stumbled half way through the kitchen (all one long fall), the bowl did a full 360°, flipping a scoop onto his arm, but miraculously, with quick ninja-like reflexes, he saved the bowl and the ice cream. Yet, he still walks into walls…

IMG_1441

IMG_1442

2 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Oh Kristina, this is fabulous! I'm glad I have YOU to be reading with. Are you sick of it yet? I nearly am! We're almost done. You should join goodreads.com
That's where I keep track of everything I read and then write reviews.
Your posts always make me chuckle. Thanks!

The Borden Family said...

What? A new dishwasher? Don't you know you can live without them? I am living proof. 13 years and no dishwasher. I spend all that money I saved on ....paper plates. No joke, when we run out the kids kind of freak out. I had a very clear image of Tyler and his icecream. Very clear priorities.

Utah- Part 4