Sunday, June 13, 2010

A blog book and Another embarrassing moment

What can you do to stay busy in the summer?

1. Playing badminton with your siblings

IMG_1756

IMG_1757

2. Dipping your huge crop of strawberries in the chocolate leftover from the chocolate fountain. A HUGE hit!

IMG_1755

3. Get new haircuts (see blog entry below) Marisa donated 10 inches of her hair to “Locks of Love”.

IMG_1778

4. Attend band camp (Concert band camp for Kayla and Tyler. Jazz band for Tyler.)

5. Attend ROAR ( a reading program at school every Wednesday this summer) for Alayna.

IMG_1754

Who won the “You –are-super-sweet” award?

And the award goes to (insert drum roll)…Tyler! He bought beautiful roses for me this week with his own money! Maybe its because I appeared as though I was losing my mind while deep cleaning the storage room?

IMG_1784

Where did Marisa go?

Well, I drove Marisa to the Moline Illinois airport on Friday to fly to Salt Lake City. She had a quick change of planes in Memphis, TN, and landed in Utah around 10:00 our time. This was her 1st time flying alone! My parents picked her up (thanks gma and gpa!) and took her to Logan to hang out until today. She checks into the BYU Summer Musicians Camp tonight.

IMG_1782

IMG_1783

Where will we be going?

We leave Thursday to head to BYU to get Marisa. Then up to Logan for a mini-Ribera reunion and then Colorado for the Hart reunion. It will be a very busy, but fun few weeks. Hopefully I will be able to blog along the way.

Another embarrassing moment to add to my huge list!

So, I was asked to speak in church today. I was well prepared, as usual, but my body is never convinced I am not nervous. I swear this anxiety has worsened with age- shouldn’t it be getting better? By the sacrament song, my mouth was so dry that my lips were starting to suck up my face (despite water and gum). I swear that when my body gets nervous, all the water in my entire body immediately evaporates. It’s a complete mystery to me where it goes. Anyway, when I got up to speak, for some stupid reason I was seriously shaking. Not barely shaking, but I seriously looked like our mini tree when we have a tornado headed our way. So, I did ok through the first page (even though I read straight from the paper because I was giving all I had to make sure I didn’t pass out). Then the lips started sucking up my head, so I had to open my bottle of water to get some liquid in. But I was shaking so bad that I almost missed my mouth. Then, a few paragraphs later, same problem. But this time, I was shaking worse and the water sloshed out and ran all the way down my arm. So, I finished my talk shaky, dry-mouthed, and with a wet arm! Ugh!

IMG_1780

(Poor Kayla was sick this week)

Something to be proud of

I’m so excited because I finally finished my 1st ever blog book!!! It is so much better than scrapbooking and pretty easy too. It just takes a small time commitment. I use a place called blurb.com and I “slurp” my blog entries into it and organize it into a book. Then I can order it and they actually make it into a book! I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. Anyway, I finished 2005 and have started on 2006. I am hoping to download everything I need so I can work on it over vacation. The finished book should arrive this week, but maybe after we leave. I will take pics when it arrives so you can see.

Hart Family News 2005

(Here is a copy of the front cover)

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

I'm excited to see your blog book. You and Marisa look remarkably alike. So sorry about the water spill. I know what you mean about changing. I crossed a bridge the other day and about freaked out watching the cars beneath me....never bothered me before. I almost didn't make it across....what's going on?

Utah- Part 4