Monday, June 28, 2010

Estes Lake and Movie Mania

IMG_2021

We went to Estes Lake this morning to explore and walk around the lake. It said it was 3.75 miles around the whole lake. Before the walk even started, Alayna fell down a steep side by the river scraping both her knees and ripping off some skin on her back. Then about 15 minutes into the walk, Alayna started having problems breathing. When I started carrying her she started gasping for breath- that was really scary! And since there seems to be only one entrance into the trail, we were stuck. So, I carried her the remainder of the way on my back. Bob offered to take her, but apparently, according to Alayna he isn’t as “comfortable” as me. We didn’t make it the full way around the lake. We took a detour (around mile 3 I think?) to go to a playground and tennis courts. Thank goodness Missy came by in her car to pick up Alayna!

IMG_2024

IMG_2023

(Marisa with cousins Andrew, Ian and Jared)

IMG_2026

IMG_2032

(Kayla with cousins Abigail and Rachel)

IMG_2033

(Not sure why Tyler looks like he is under arrest)

IMG_2034

IMG_2036

(Eating on the deck)

We came home for lunch and even got to eat on the deck. Then everyone split into their assigned groups to film movies. I took this as an opportunity to FINALLY relax so I spent the afternoon reading “The Lost Symbol” by Dan Brown and I am already half way done!! Man it feels so wonderful to just sit and read!! I hope I finish it soon because I have 6 more books in my luggage!!

IMG_2042

(Kayla and Alayna with Jackson)

IMG_2045

(Alayna with Abigail and Rachel)

We were in charge of the family activity tonight so we played many different mini-games as a family, ending with one that correlated with our scripture for the evening. It was an enjoyable evening except when Bob almost smacked Wendy in the face and then almost sat on her! Most of them are still downstairs playing. Its amazing how much everyone loves to play games.

IMG_2038

(Thats Alayna- can you tell she is feeling better?)

IMG_2044

(Marisa leading a game)

IMG_2039

On an odd note:

This is a big beautiful house with only one drawback…The people who own this home are huge hunters. It’s a little creepy when you see how many dead animals are mounted around the house. (A vegetarians nightmare?)

IMG_2041

1 comment:

Grace Hart said...

Oh Kristina, I know you loved burrowing your toes into the beaver rug every time you went to the bathroom!

Miss you guys!

Utah- Part 4