Sunday, October 03, 2010

Pink Hair, Poems, and Partying Saturday

October 3, 2010

Pink Hair

So, we had pink day on Friday. My hair is so dark that it came out more red than pink. I added glitter too. My students were very impressed that I actually did it, although some were disappointed it wasn’t bright “fluorescent” pink. I took pics of all the teachers but you cant see them very well. Our blonder teachers wore wigs.

IMG_2403

IMG_2402

(Sara and I- but the pic doesnt capture the pink very well)

IMG_2398

IMG_2399

IMG_2397

IMG_2405

(Alayna wanted hers done too)

IMG_2406

Saturday

I need a vacation from Saturdays!! This Saturday, Bob and I actually went on a lunch date! Then we went grocery shopping. We have been working hard to plan out meals and NOT take the kids shopping with us. You would be amazed by how much we save.

Kayla and Justine babysat Rory (Beth’s daughter. Beth works on my team at school). They came over here in the afternoon and played.

We made 4 apple pies and 4 loaves of banana bread. I am here to say that the apple peeler machine is the most amazing invention in the whole wide world!! It was 10 times easier making apple pies when I didn’t have to cut and peel all 24 apples by hand!! We also picked all the rest of our tomatoes and made homemade pizza sauce and put it on our homemade pizza. We also watched “Prince of Persia” while I folded all the laundry. Marisa had a Symphony All State clinic at UNI. Then she and her quartet came here to practice for the wedding they are playing for in a few weeks. It’s pretty cool cooking in the kitchen while being serenaded by beautiful classical quartet music! Sara (who I work with) also came over with her daughter, Lanie,  to take a break from work, hang out, and help me with the pies.

IMG_2413

(The peel from the apple machine)

IMG_2414

(Alayna and Lanie making pies)

IMG_2416

(Justine holding Rory while she wakes up from her nap)

IMG_2417

(Kayla using the most amazing invention ever)

IMG_2418

(Lanie, Alayna, and Rory playing Spongebob operation)

IMG_2419

(Quartet practice)

IMG_2421

(Playing on the playground)

IMG_2423

(Getting the extra cinnamon apples)

IMG_2424

(Rory, Alayna, Lanie)

IMG_2425

(In the giant cardboard stove box they made into a fort)

IMG_2427

(Playing football)

IMG_2428

(Playing football- Tyler got tackled when Kayla jumped on his back and took him down)

IMG_2431

(Alayna reading to Rory)

New stove

Bob got the new stove put in!! I was so excited! Tyler and Alayna wanted to make ramen for lunch. I threatened their lives if they made even one iota of a mess on the new stove. Well, I guess the ramen overflowed, Alayna got scared (knowing her very existence was in danger) so she used a washcloth to start cleaning it while it was still on. It burnt the washcloth, stained the stove, and scared her to death. So, we are still trying to scrub it off and she felt awful. I felt worse than she actually thought I was serious. Poor thing. I guess this is how we learn.

IMG_2411

IMG_2412

Poem Alayna wrote about herself using the letters of her name (in red)

Amazing

I Like pizza

A girl

Yo mama

Likes kNock knock jokes

HAs never been stung by a bee

Hungry

HAs friends

Rabbit lover

smarT

No comments:

Utah- Part 4