Sunday, May 08, 2011

“The best years of a woman's life - the ten years between 39 and 40”

“The best years of a woman's life - the ten years between 39 and 40”

May 8, 2011

“Forty isn't old, if you're a tree”

Well, I made it to the age of 40! I remember when I was younger thinking that 40 years old was “super old”! But I don’t think or feel that now. I have to remember it’s just a number and what really matters is how I feel which is 30-something (I think?).

If I had written this blog entry on Friday it would have been called, “Frumpy, Flabby, and Flippin’ Forty”! I took the day off of work to go shopping and spend the day doing stuff for me. However, the clothing selection out right now (as usual) is hideous. Everything I tried on looked, um…not good. Why can’t someone make clothes for women my age that are still cute, adorable, and fashionable, but modest? Maybe that’s the career I should be going into?

I did get to go in for a massage which felt AMAZING! I kept wishing I could just lay there and get a massage F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! I actually relaxed which never happens. But the massage therapist informed me that I was the worst she has ever seen as far as muscle tension and muscle knots. Figures. I probably need to go more oftenSmile

However, yesterday was almost a perfect birthday! The weather was gorgeous and I spent the day doing some yard work with Bob and soaking up some much needed vitamin D! Alayna and Bob bought me beautiful flowers and Doritos (my latest kryptonite) and I got an ipod nano!! Whoo hoo! I am so excited and it will come in so handy on our trip in 24 days!! It will also come in handy on my walks/jogs/runs which I will need for all the pounds I have gained this weekend! Then we went to Pancheros for dinner and Coldstone for dessert so I could get my favorite “Berry Berry Berry Good” dessert. Sweet cream is the BOMB.

IMG_3460

IMG_3461

“When you feel neglected, think of the female salmon, who lays 3,000,000 eggs but no one remembers her on Mother's Day”

Today is my 16th anniversary of being a mother!! I can hardly believe it’s been that long. There are definitely ups and downs with being a mom but it’s all worth it (unless you have teens, then it’s very questionable!). I am grateful today that I am not a neglected salmon! I got some sweet little gifts, Alayna sang with the primary in church, and I hear I might get a much needed foot massage later.

IMG_3464

(My #1 mom badge Alayna made for me!)

IMG_3445

My quest to be “Mom of the year”

So, I added more to my resume to be “Mom of the Year”. Tyler had a jazz concert this week and I went to go see it. (I’d like to mention here that he told me it started at 7 when it didn’t start until 7:30, good thing I always bring a book!) Anyway, I pulled out my video camera that I brought to tape, cause I am awesome like that, and it seemed extra light. I realized “someone” had taken out the batteries! Tyler was a featured soloist in 2 different songs and he was so awesome! And I didn’t get to tape it for you!

Tennis and Titanic

At the girl’s tennis meet this week, Kayla won hers 4-1 and Marisa lost both games (but she has missed a month of practice due to pit).

IMG_3459

Alayna had her Titanic Museum this week. She played Madeline Astor in the play and did a wonderful job. We got to see everyone’s titanic displays and she loved learning about this unit. So, now, we are getting the movie from Netflix to show her.

IMG_3456

IMG_3458

IMG_3457

IMG_3446

More Stuff

*Tyler went to Adventureland with the school band yesterday to play and perform.

*Both girls had State Large Group Competition yesterday. Kayla doesn’t know the results yet but Marisa’s orchestra earned a division 1 (the highest rank).

IMG_3463

*We went to Red Robin on Thursday night for my birthday. Yummy!

IMG_3452

IMG_3451

IMG_3454

IMG_3447

3 comments:

The Borden Family said...

Congratulations on a great 40 years of life! You truly inspire me.

CinnaPatty said...

Happy Birthday! Man I hear you about clothes. I spent most of yesterday shopping and came away somewhat disappointed. Ugh. We should go together and help each other out! :)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! You look AMAZING at 40! Love ya!

Utah- Part 4