Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The FINAL Beach Day

The FINAL Beach Day

Sharks Cove

We knew we had to live it up on the final day! First, we went snorkeling at Sharks Cove. Tyler and I went exploring into some pretty deep places and saw the most amazing things including a sea urchin about the size of my head and a grouper about the size of Tyler- which made me freak out, panic, and scatter to safety! I probably scared him more than he scared me. We saw trumpet fish, silver fish, clown fish, and they all swam super close so we could almost touch them. It was incredible!! Alayna even learned to snorkel and she loved being able to swim next to so many fish! I wish I had an underwater camera so we could have shared the experience with you!

DSCN2517

(See the cool bird that was pecking fish up out of the water?)

DSCN2524

(You cant tell but that’s me and Tyler)

Bob, Kayla, and Alayna crossed over to the other side of Sharks Cove and discovered the most amazing toilet bowls (when the ocean rushes in and out). It was beautiful and Kayla with some of her amazing camera work was able to capture some of the beauty we were able to see.

By the time we left, it was pouring rain. We tried Goat Island but the waves were too high to try and cross. So, we went home and had lunch.

DSCN2520

DSCN2521

DSCN2522

DSCN2523

DSCN2527

DSCN2528

DSCN2529

Pounders Beach and “I have a Coconut in my butt!”

The afternoon was gorgeous! It was sunny so we headed to pounders which had KILLER waves and I am NOT kidding when I say I now know why they call it “Pounders”! The waves were GINORMOUS, but I am proud to say Tyler, Bob, and I braved it and it was exhilarating. The waves would lift you up and practically drill you into the sand like a fencepost. I was pretty proud, especially when I caught the big ones and didn’t die or lose my swimsuit!

The waves were so strong that at one point Alayna turned to Kayla and said, “I think I have a huge pile of sand in my butt” and then she pulled out this giant coconut that had gotten shoved into her swimsuit. So funny!

We went back to Hukilau beach with the softer waves for the rest of the girls to Boogie Board. I wish my camera could have captured even half of the beauty.

IMG_4153

IMG_4155

IMG_4156

IMG_4159

IMG_4160

IMG_4161

We finished off the night with lots more Lost! So fun to actually see where they filmed. Only 2 episodes left to finish off the 1st season with the kids.

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

My suit had that Hawaiian sand in it for years. The waves really put it in every space conceivable. That is hilarious about Alayna though! She has a new nickname...

Utah- Part 4