Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pounders Beach

Pounders Beach

We decided we HAD To try Pounders beach since it sounds cool and is only a couple of minutes from the house. The waves looked daunting but we jumped in with both feet….literally! Yes, even I went in and had the time of my life. Its my new favorite thing and my new favorite beach!! Be impressed, people- be impressed!  Even Alayna tried. We caught some giant waves that made us go flying and slide all the way to shore. We decided we will go again on Monday.

DSCN2465

DSCN2469

DSCN2466

DSCN2468

DSCN2471

DSCN2475

DSCN2485

DSCN2480

DSCN2484

IMG_4111

IMG_4104

IMG_4110

IMG_4103

We were going to try to walk to Goat’s Island but the waves were huge so we had to scrap that idea. We will watch more “Lost” while listening to the waves outside while Alayna watches cartoons so there are no more nightmares about dead people jelly!

IMG_4099

IMG_4107

IMG_4118

PS- Literary Side Note

I haven’t done too much reading but I have finished 2 books so far. This World We Live In was the 3rd and last book in the Life as we Knew It series. Its good. The book I HIGHLY recommend though is Anything but Typical. It is a fantastic book that everyone who has ever or will come into contact with an autistic child should read. It is told from an autistics child point of view and can really open your eyes to how children who are autistic live, function, and think. Its an easy read and well worth your time. I just started Beastly and I love it so far. Wanted to finish it before I go see the movie.

No comments:

Utah- Part 4