Saturday, February 18, 2012

What a Week, oh what a week!

What a Week, oh what a week!

Rise and Shout the Cougars are out!

We were so excited this week to get Marisa’s acceptance to BYU-Provo! We are all so ecstatic!! She is a 4th generation cougar and we are just thrilled. Congrats to Marisa on all the hard work and effort that it took to get there.

Senior Solo

Marisa had her senior solo this week. She looked so beautiful up there and was absolutely brilliant. She did a beautiful piece from Beethoven. I, of course, cried through the whole thing. She is so talented. Bob will be posting the video and for fun we thought we would post her very 1st time playing as well for a comparison. (You’re welcome Marisa!)

DSCF0171

DSCF0175

DSCF0176

DSCF0179

DSCF0167

DSCF0181

She also played in the Winter Orchestra concert and, as always, did an amazing job.

DSCF0192

Solo/ensemble Festival

Tyler did a solo at the band festival this week. He did a wonderful job! We don’t have his results yet but I bet he scored well.

DSCF0185

DSCF0186

Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January. ~Jim Gaffigan

We had a wonderful Valentines Day! Bob bought me beautiful roses and we got a heart shaped pizza. For the 1st time ever I tried Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I thought they turned out great! Although I must admit I, um, cheated a little. I was going to make them completely from scratch but I saw that Marisa picked up red velvet cake mix from Hyvee, so I used that instead.

DSCF0160

DSCF0161

DSCF0163

DSCF0164

DSCF0166

Blecky germs

Alayna got sick Sunday night and started running a fever. I stayed home with her and Kayla on Monday and then her and Tyler on Tuesday. For me, it was nice to have 2 days off. I had some sort of flu thing so I had to relax which I really needed. We are all better now.

Spring cleaning

I do realize its February and actually nowhere near spring, but I have had this drive to start my spring cleaning anyway.

So, one day I realized, “You know, that wall paper trim in the girls bathroom has been yellowing and peeling off the wall, I should take that down.” Before I knew it, I had gone all postal and I was on the sink covered in wall paper and glue thinking I REALLY should have waited until summer. I ended up ripping some of the paint off and made a mess of things. Tyler and Alayna repainted it off-white today and I will be decorating it. I can’t wait for you all to see the final project.

DSCF0207

Domestic News

I am thrilled with my “trying” new things.

I tried a homemade calzone Stromboli thingy for dinner last night. My 1st one looked like I had hacked a dead body and it was bleeding with bones protruding through it. I pulled it out of the oven and the kids gasped in horror. But when they tasted it, they said it was awesome. So, I win. My 2nd one turned out better although when I finally moved it onto the tray it looked more like that creature from tremors than a calzone, but again, it tasted awesome. More details will be on the other blog.

DSCF0203

DSCF0204

DSCF0205

3 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats, Marisa! Yahoooeey! Go Big BLUE!
I love the dress. Aren't shrugs handy? She looks amazing.
Our blog posts are twinsies with the Solo Festival :)
Does Bob realize you caught him in THOSE pants?? Ha ha ha!

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Thats the 1st comment Bob made- you got ME in that picture?? Bwaahaahaa!

The Borden Family said...

I need that recipe for the stromboli....looks good. Those are funny pants for Bob! Congrats Marisa! So, so excited for you.

Utah- Part 4