Sunday, February 05, 2012

Creative Décor with a side of Pinterest Addiction and a pinch of Awesomeness

Creative Décor with a side of Pinterest Addiction and a pinch of Awesomeness

We had a quieter week- thank the heavens above. We needed a break!

Creative Décor

This week I got enough guts to ask my boss about me possibly doing some decorating. The library was built in the 1960s and I am pretty sure not much has been done to it since. Now, I am by no means creative, but I can organize like nobody’s business. But I kept thinking that you get better at things as you try and practice right? I spent all week running between Michaels and Walmart.

DSCF0128

DSCF0131

(For Iowa teen awards)

DSCF0132

DSCF0133

DSCF0134

So, I brought in a small sample and she said it looked good and to go for it. So, I put all these things together this week and put them up on Friday while she was at a meeting all day. Then I worried and had a bad dream that she hated it. But this morning she sent me all these wonderful texts on how she loves it and she loves working with and loves all my ideas. I was in shock and so very thrilled.

Pinterest Addiction

So, I am absolutely in love with the new pinterest site. I get such great ideas and I love it. Some things make me laugh out loud, and some help me dream. Anyway, I decided to try a cookie recipe yesterday and the cookies were to DIE for! They had a secret ingredient- vanilla pudding mix! Anyone want the recipe?

DSCF0137

I am also trying to make these Texas Roadhouse rolls for dinner. I never make rolls from scratch so we shall see how these turn out. AND it has homemade cinnamon honey butter.

I found all these amazing red velvet recipes so I am going to try one for Valentine’s Day.

I also started a pinterest binder. Yes, I have issues. But not they are issues with a dreamy future!

A Pinch of Awesomeness

We started on Monday looking for a formal length evening gown for Marisa’s upcoming solo. I was worried it would take weeks. The 1st store we went to was a HUGE fail. Then we hit David’s bridal and found 3 gorgeous gowns! We finally went with the one that is ocean blue and she looks stunning.

DSCF0135

We FINALLY got our new sink in!! We bought it before Thanksgiving and finally found someone who could help us get us in. It looks great – so a big thank you to Bob and Craig!

DSCF0136

Alayna vacuums with a moustache. Brave soul!

DSCF0130

And Marisa gave a wonderful family home evening on energy conservation!

DSCF0127

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love your family!

Utah- Part 4