Sunday, January 29, 2012

“What the world of tomorrow will be like is greatly dependent on the power of imagination in those who are learning to read today” Astrid Lindgren

“What the world of tomorrow will be like is greatly dependent on the power of imagination in those who are learning to read today” Astrid Lindgren

I found this quote at work this week and it is so true. I see every part of the spectrum from kids who check out and read 3-4 books a day to ones that haven’t been in the library all year and “hate to read” which absolutely breaks my heart.

Once again, we have had a CRAZY week. We are all ready for Spring Break, yet it is so far away! I think this is when that winter sluggy sets in.

Highlights (or disasters if you will) of the week:

Flowers Bob got me to get me out of the winter sluggy!

DSCF0113

 

The Day NOT to be repeated. Ever!

Sometimes I worry about Tyler. How is it that so many crazy things can happen to one guy? Several people this week suggested he write a book. One even said, “he needs to write and illustrate his own books patterned after the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books (those cartoonish illustrations) only just call it the Life of Tyler Hart. Best seller. Truth is stranger than fiction and it sells!” So true!! So here is what happened:

In gym he "accidentally" ran into another a kid. I guess they both thought the other one would move. I bet that was comical when they smacked into each other. What wasn’t so comical is that as a result of that head-on collision, Tyler tripped and fell on the pregnant PE teacher and in the process actually broke her leg! Tyler had to race to get the nurse, an ambulance came, and she had to stay in the hospital for 2 days! The good news is that the baby is fine and she was worried the whole time in the hospital about Tyler and hoping he wasn’t feeling bad.

Then, Alayna told us that she accidentally kicked her art teacher while trying to parkour around a table...thank goodness that teacher only said “ouch”.

Then, Kayla tripped on the way to the dinner table and splashed stroganoff sauce into Alaynas hair and all over the dogs, which made Alayna cry because she HATES meat (no clue why). Really? So, it made her cry? The dogs LOVED it! (not the crying, but being covered in meat sauce!)

THEN, Tyler was teasing Kayla, Kayla kept poking him with the colander, and it broke. What a day oh what a day!

He looks great in his new glasses!

DSCF0106

DSCF0108

Dog-sitting

We are watching Whitney and Taylor again. They sure love Alayna and Tyler. It does make it a little nutty around here though because its almost like we have two extra kids….that bark…

DSCF0103

Metro

Marisa had her final metro concert last night. She made 4th chair, but she actually beat the other 3 in all-state auditions so as far as I’m concerned, she is the best 1st violinist in all of Cedar Rapids! The music was tough and she was amazing!

DSCF0119

DSCF0117

DSCF0122

This week we have to go get her a formal gown for her upcoming Senior solo on Valentines Day. Everyone is invited to come!

Merit Badge Clinic

Tyler and Bob attended a Family History Merit Badge clinic last night, so hopefully Tyler can work on completing that Merit Badge.

Snow Day

We did get our long-awaited for snow day this week. However, it was not comprised of me studying my inner eyelids for 5 extra hours and not having to get dressed or function in any way. Instead, Tyler and I got up to do our workout at 5am. Then, Kayla came in and told us school was delayed. Me, being the smart, intelligent person that I am, decided to go to work early and get stuff done (and paid for the extra hours) while students weren’t actually present.

I carefully slid my way to work and it took 45 minutes. The parking lot was a sheet of ice, so I figure-skated my way to the entrance. Then I had to track down the keys to the library and no one has the key to the lights. There were already kids there who didn’t know school was delayed. I let them come inside and warm up only to find out a few minutes laster that school was cancelled. So, I painstakingly made my way home, got in warm pjs and we watched movies all day.

DSCF0110

Family Time

Linn Grove had their dinner/open house this week, so we got to go see some of the fun things Alayna has been working on in class. She kicks butt in social studies. I wonder where she gets that from? Lol!

DSCF0098

DSCF0100

DSCF0101

DSCF0102

We also went to Pancheros as a family to celebrate Tyler and I kicking booty on our 5AM workouts.

Proof Im becoming senile and loopy

Anyone see whats wrong with this blog book (the yellow one)?

DSCF0112

4 comments:

The Borden Family said...

I see your toes are without socks!

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Haha- nope. Try again!

Hal and Corey Hart said...

I see the problem - it has the date as 2012, which is just now beginning and has yet to be written/experienced/photographed.

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

You win! You found my idiotic mistake! Its on every dang page. Boooo!

Utah- Part 4