Sunday, January 08, 2012

Roses in January, a panoramic view, and the “Year of Change”

Another crazy, busy week has come to pass. I would tell you how awesome it has been to have NO SNOW and how the temperature actually got up to 60 this week, but then I would jinx us and we would get the storm of the century….so I am not telling you.

DSCF0018

(Flowers Bob and Tyler got for me)

We started off the week with lots of individual and family goals. I told them our family motto this year is “The Year of Change”. When I started looking for a vinyl of that phrase to go on our wall- the kids really thought I had lost my mind (I didn’t find any). Anyway, Tyler has been getting up at 5AM every day to work out with me. And even though we are both dead tired, we have been working hard. We watch fun SyFy movies like “Swamp Shark” and “Anaconda”. This week we are doing disaster movies, cause we are cool like that.

I started experimenting with my new superawesome camera, so all the pictures I took this week are from that. I love that it can zoom in so much farther than my old one. I am not very good at it yet though. It doesn’t help that I shake like a leaf in a tornado…but how totally awesome is the panoramic feature??

DSCF0020

DSCF0021

Bob and I went on another date night to see Marisa perform at the NEISTA honor orchestra. She did a wonderful job! Now she is practicing for upcoming performance where she will be featured as the soloist.

DSCF0045

DSCF0033

Bob, Tyler and I watched “Apollo 18” this week. I’m not exactly sure what my response is to it? It was a little scary, I jumped like 3 times. But I was intrigued enough to watch the whole thing. When it was over we each looked at each other like we weren’t sure how to respond. Have any of you seen it?

I almost drop-kicked Tyler over the house this week. I had taped a scary movie and told them they could watch it with me and ONLY with me so I could fast-forward and they wouldn’t see the scary parts. He and Alayna started watching it without me one day when I was gone. Alayna has been in tears and sleeping by my bed since. Argh!! There is a reason you should listen to your parents AND a reason why we don’t tape scary movies. Just in case any of you were wondering.

DSCF0043

And I finished my puzzle!

DSCF0025

AND apparently our family is having Happy Pig Day next week…

DSCF0026

2 comments:

The Borden Family said...

Love the panoramic...I haven't tried that one yet....what's pig day? I'm assuming that's Alayna's idea? Emily asked for a chubby bird for her birthday, really?

CinnaPatty said...

Ok, this just makes me laugh. If it wasn't your life would you believe it? :)

Utah- Part 4