Sunday, June 03, 2012

Memorial Day and lots of odds and ends!

Memorial Day

We had a fun-filled day with family! We launched 2 rockets (and lost them both)

DSCF0826

We did a fun experiment from a kit with super-absorbing gel.

DSCF0829

DSCF0830

And then we blew up Ivory soap in the microwave!

DSCF0835

DSCF0834

Lots of Odds and Ends

*Tyler auditioned for the high school show choir. He practiced hard all week and even had his sisters and “adopted” sister practice with him for hours and HE MADE IT!!! We are so proud of him and excited for this new adventure!

*My dad brought us some beautiful gifts from Ghana. He brought me these amazing hand-carved bookends!

DSCF0696

*Alayna finally decided to play the viola! We got her viola this week and are very excited to have another orchestra member in our family!

*Kayla interviewed and got a job at Hyvee! She started this week and I think she really likes it so far.

*I was finally released from Primary! The relief lasted all of 2 seconds and then they called me to be the 12-13 Sunday School teacher. I will reserve my thoughts on this until a later date.

*My boss hired me to work some hours this summer. One of the elementary schools closed. The librarian who had been there had NEVER weeded, which by the way, is an essential part of being a librarian. I am not kidding when I say that a good portion of the books I had as a child. The average copyright date is probably like 1970. I took Tyler and Alayna on Friday and we worked for 4 hours. We scanned over 2000 books and packed up 45 boxes!!! We work all week next week too!

photo (15)

*The girls attended Mormon prom on Friday night. I wasn’t here to get any pictures and I don’t think they took any…

No comments:

Utah- Part 4