Sunday, June 10, 2012

Why I like Summer and how Murphy’s Law Ruled the Week!

Why I like Summer and how Murphy’s Law Ruled the Week!

Why I like Summer

Summer is finally here! It is my favorite time of the year (not favorite season) for many reasons- its warm, its sunny, I get to spend time with my kids, I get to organize, and I do NOT have to work!

The teens had their friends over for a free car wash for several hours. No one took them up on the offer which is too bad. But my cars got cleaned, and they had a great time having a water fight, so I count it as a success!

DSCF0847

DSCF0849

DSCF0844

DSCF0848

DSCF0842

This week we were able to start our annual family workouts and fun summer time. We played tennis, did the track, went on bike rides, etc.

The best part is that we finally decided to get a trampoline!! We are trying to stay active and the kids were excited about it. Its “easy assemble” instructions were ridiculously Uneasy. It took us forever to get it together, but we have it up and love it!

DSCF0850

DSCF0851

DSCF0853

Murphy’s Law Rules the Week

We started out the week working 4 hours again at Polk. We scanned and boxed over 4000 books! The kids were a tremendous help and we were able to get so much done!

That night we went to the Sprint store and upgraded the home phone, my phone, and Kayla’s phone. They all weren’t working well so it was time for a change. There weren’t many options for our plan so Kayla and I had to get the exact same ones. Bob started not feeling well at all.

That night Marisa accidentally dropped her phone in the toilet and it stopped working. Alayna was up during the night sick with what I call a mini-flu? Kayla was down too….

The next day at lunch, Bob took Marisa to get a new phone, she also had to get the exact same phone (so yes we had to order covers to tell the difference). While they were getting hers, Tyler raced into to bath because he was sick with this flu thing. I grabbed his clothes and threw them in the laundry unaware that his iPod was in his pocket!!! I didn’t check cause we had just finished playing tennis and I didn’t think he even HAD pockets! So, his iPod died a terrible death and he cried. (his new one arrived this weekend- I replaced it because I felt like it was my fault.

Bob and Tyler were sick the next day, then Bob and I were sick the day after, and Bob again the day after. We just cant seem to keep him well. We all seem to be well now and hope it stays that way!

2 comments:

The Borden Family said...

enjoy your new trampoline!

CinnaPatty said...

Wow, glad we weren't around for all that sickness fun! Ugh.

Utah- Part 4