Sunday, July 01, 2012

“Brave” Storm Idiots

“Brave” Storm Idiots

What kind of crazy people would try to take down a canopy in a torrential rain storm??

DSCF0937

Oh,wait! That would be us! We have lost WAY too many canopies to Iowa storms. So, this time, we decided to take it down as it started to rain. Then this insane storm came out of nowhere with the strongest winds I have ever felt. Our chairs were scooting across the deck, the balls were being thrown around the yard, my poor lilies were whipped to death. Bob and I were soaked to the bone and could barely see with the wind and rain smacking us in the face. And then guess what?? The tornado sirens came on! So, we hurried as fast as we could. I would like to report that the canopy is safe and we didn’t blow away. Stupid Iowa storms…

DSCF0933

DSCF0935

Speaking of Brave…

Marisa and her friend, Tyler, went with Alayna and I to go see the movie “Brave”. I LOVED it! Well, you know me and heroines who can save their own selves…and who use a bow and arrow…

Scout Camp

Tyler survived a week at scout camp with hideous heat (one day heat index up to 110!) and the torrential rain storm (see above). He came home exhausted but said he had a great time. He slept for several hours yesterday. Bob went as a chaperone, and as usual it ended up being the hottest, most miserable day of the summer, he is famous for that.

Nailed it!

The Wilkinson’s and Hart grandparents arrived last night to stay the week and celebrate the 4th with us! It was Abigails birthday so we made her a cake. It was a long day and needless to say, um, we made some mistakes, but I can say with all certainty it was totally made with love. It turned out VERY yummy and everyone loved it- whew! Whatever you do, don’t compare it to how it should look on pinterest!

DSCF0939

DSCF0940

However, I made some KILLER sweet rolls last week that turned out looking and tasting amazing!

DSCF0931

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Uh oh, looks like CinnaPatty will get a run for her money! You've GOT to share that recipe with me. (the sweet rolls), looks amazing!

I can't believe you sacrificed yourselves for the canopy. Well, actually I can. You can only lose so many canopies before you declare "No more!" That was some crazy storm, wasn't it? Wow. I love the looks on your faces in the pictures. Ha ha!

Utah- Part 4