Sunday, February 03, 2013

What the Weather???

What the Weather???

I think this is probably the craziest week of weather we have ever had while living in Iowa. Last Sunday church was cancelled due to the roads being covered in solid ice. On Monday, I woke up at 4:30AM to a thunderstorm. What? We had thunder, rain, hail, fog, and almost 50 degrees. Then on Tuesday the temps dropped fast. School was cancelled due to a foot of snow. We shoveled for almost 2 hours and the snow was so heavy because somehow underneath it was this slush crap. It was also extremely cold so shoveling was a nightmare. Thursday was a 2-hour delay. The roads were covered in a snow layer that was ice. That was fun. I have to drive in it anyway cause if I don’t go, I don’t get paid. Ugh! Friday was also a 2-hour delay because of the wind chill. When I left for work it was -29. Walking up the hill into the school I was pretty sure my entire insides would turn to icicles before I reached the entrance door. I guess the saying is true, “If you don’t like weather in Iowa, just wait a few hours”. I am counting on an early spring….

DSCF1730

DSCF1731

Alayna

Alayna had another orchestra concert this week and did a great job. It was hard to get a picture of her playing because there were so many kids, but I got a few of her before and after.

DSCF1739

DSCF1741

DSCF1746

She also lost 2 teeth in the same day!!! When we were at Wal-Mart, she was eating a cheesy cracker thingy and crunched on something hard and realized it was her tooth. Then a couple hours later she came running out of the bathroom with another one!

Image01282013154245

Image01282013174308

Other Noteworthy News

Tyler went in on Friday morning hoping to get his cast off. Instead they put on another one until March 1st. He was very bummed. It’s hard to dance with it and he has several show choir competitions this month. But the doctor wanted to make sure it fully healed. I agree.

On the snow day, I spent all day doing they layout for my concept map for my ePortfolio for my class. I would like to insert here how sick I am of school. I am 41 and so dang sick of it. I have GOT to get a full time library job this coming year. Please keep me in your prayers.

Image01302013104943

Image02012013093642

 

I got some cute pictures to share of Marisa and her roommate who decided last minute to hike to the Y yesterday. Crazy girls!

Photo: Late night hike to the Y in the snow!

Photo: Late night hike to the Y in the snow!

Kayla is getting tons of letters from colleges who want her. She is also preparing to take the AP Psychology exam! She has lots of studying ahead of her.

Also, I am not sure what has possessed me, but I have already started Spring Cleaning. I think it is filling the void in my life from missing my cruise.  Alayna volunteered her room 1st. It took all week. We deep cleaned and got rid of a full trash bag of stuff (as she is a crap collector). It isn’t perfect since I let her be the executive decision maker. But she is thrilled because it is exactly the way she wants it.

DSCF1750

DSCF1749

No comments:

Utah- Part 4