Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snow, Snow, Snow

February 24, 2013

Thank heavens for another snow storm and snow day this Friday. I needed a mental health day. I woke up exhausted and my back hurt and tried to mentally prepare myself to go shovel all the snow. I looked outside to gauge my nightmare and saw my neighbor snowblowing our driveway. I was literally in tears. How grateful I was that a simple prayer was answered in such a big way. Because of his kindness I was able to work over 8 hours on my portfolio and finish the rough draft! That was huge and I am immensely grateful!! If anyone wants to see it let me know.

Image02222013090707

On Saturday, I was ready to get down working on my spring cleaning. (When I was younger I could whip it out in a few days, now it takes me weeks. Getting old sucks.) Anyway, Alayna and I did the SISS workout AKA “Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Scrub”. We wear our swimsuits and I wear my compression stockings. It took us 3 hours and we deep scrubbed (and I mean deep) every inch of all 3 bathrooms. It was disgusting. We even took off the light fixtures and ran them through the dishwasher and now the bathrooms sparkle. So glad it’s done!!!

DSCF1768

Marisa went on a fun date rock-climbing this week. Her dorm was asked out by a guy dorm and she said it was so much fun.

Yesterday Tyler had a clinic down at Coe College for Jazz Band. I know none of you will be shocked that he “forgot” to tell me there was a performance and that he had a solo. Grrrr! Thank heavens he had told Bob (who didn’t tell me until 20 minutes before it was time to leave and I was up to my elbows in bathroom goodness-communication is such a strong point in our family). So, Bob videotaped and my lifesaver friend, Patty, got pics. What would I do without you Patty???

IMG_0084 (2)

IMG_0088

I forgot to mention last week that Bob got to go on a test flight for work. He was in the air for 2 hours and I think it was to see how his software works on the actual plane. They even gave him hazard pay. He said it was very fun because they would go down to land, get a few feet from the runway, and head back up again.

I also forgot to mention that last Saturday Tyler was at another show choir event and he was gone almost 24 hours again. I picked him up at 1:30 AM. I think Linn-Mar’s top group placed 5th in that competition? If it seems like I am losing my mind it is because I am.

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Ha ha ha! Ah, anytime. :) I'm glad Bob got to video it. Stay sane! :)

Utah- Part 4