Sunday, October 13, 2013

Newbo, Catapult, and more Marching

It never ceases to amaze me how busy we seem to be.  Its strange but I am CRAVING another cruise.  I remember how relaxed I was…

We have officially lived here 9 years (on Oct 1) and we just recently discovered Newbo market down town.  I got a giftcard for it about a year ago but had no clue what it was.  Anyway, we went to go visit and explore (after we got our flu shots).  Its like a giant outside and inside market with crafts, produce, and authentic food.  We had Caribbean Jerk chicken and oven fired pizza along with some of the best ice cream we have ever tasted!  It was very fun and we would like to go back again.  Then we went to see Tyler perform…

Image10122013123620

Tyler had a very long day yesterday.  They performed in a marching band festival at Kingston stadium, where we went to see him perform.  They came in 1st place and blew everyone else's group out of the water!  I would say it was almost flawless!  Then they quickly packed up on buses and headed to a huge competition in Des Moines to compete for the 1st time against some of the best marching bands in the state and they placed 4th!!!  They were so excited.  I picked him up at 2AM, so yes, a very long but awesome day.  He has the Metro marching classic tomorrow and the Indoor marching classic Thursday!

DSCF2320

(I believe Ty is the 5th face from the bottom)

DSCF2321

DSCF2323

Kayla had to a build a catapult this week for Physics class and hers went the farthest!  I will have Bob post the video of the practice ones she did here at home.  Way to go, Kayla! 

DSCF2328

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Love that NewBo market! The Rasta Lemonade is soooo yummy! It's a neat place.

Utah- Part 4