Sunday, October 20, 2013

Temples, Teen read week, and Tons of apples

Tyler and Kayla attended the youth temple trip to Nauvoo yesterday.

temple

We borrowed an apple press from a friend in the ward.  We only did 3 boxes but got 4 gallons of amazing tasting apple juice!  We will finish the other 10 boxes next week.

DSCF2354

DSCF2352

DSCF2349

DSCF2350

I had another amazing week at work.  I had a “Dress up like a book character” day to celebrate Teen Read week.  (Apparently they have never done anything like this before).  The kids were so excited and we had great participation.  I received many emails from teachers and staff saying how grateful they are that I am at their schools.

DSCF2333

(At the middle school with my Para, Sherry)

For the middle school, I did fun a scavenger hunt around the library with treats.  For the high school I created a murder mystery which was pretty brilliant if you ask me.

Image10162013123941

Image10142013070442

Someone came in and told me that they had talked to the Anamosa public head librarian and that she was so excited to meet me and has been hearing amazing things about what I have been doing at both schools.  I cant even express how much things like that mean to me.  

I had 3 teachers approach me this week to thank me.  Apparently I have hooked many of their students on books and they are seeing huge progress in these students.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job? I run 2 book fairs the 1st week of November.  Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

Fun ideas for the library. How does that apple juice taste?

Utah- Part 4