Sunday, December 22, 2013

Getting into the Spirit with snow and show choir!

Tyler had his 1st showchoir performance of the year and we were amazed.  I was literally in tears.  He looked so amazing and could dance like you wouldn’t believe.  You could tell he was so happy and loved what he was doing so much.  We were so very impressed!!  Tyler, you totally rock!

DSCF2395

DSCF2401

DSCF2402

DSCF2407

DSCF2420

DSCF2418

School was cancelled the last day before break due to freezing rain!  You probably heard my “Hallelujah” all the way from Iowa.  The kids missed their last day of finals but no one cares.  we got done early and got to sleep and relax!!  Last night a major storm hit and dropped about 6-7 inches of new fresh snow.  Church was cancelled which was good because it took us over an hour to shovel the driveway and there was a layer of ice underneath.  Kayla's car is literally frozen!

DSCF2422

DSCF2423

DSCF2425

DSCF2392

I got to attend the scholastic warehouse sale this week.  There is nothing better than getting a paid professional day to go shopping for $1000 worth of books!  Its. heaven, people, it really is!!  I got 111 books for the middle school and told the kids as they came in, if they see any they liked, they could put a stickie on it.  Like my picture?

Image12182013152441

I had more compliments this week that I wanted to share:

From an 8th grade teacher: Never in all my years of teaching have I had so many kids reading and so excited about books.  There is something about you that makes them so extremely excited.

From a custodian who over heard a 6th grade teacher talking about us.  That teacher said, “ Just by what those girls are doing in the library, alone will raise the reading scores of this entire school.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job??

No comments:

Utah- Part 4