Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Holy Storm!

Well, we made it home safely from our trip, but boy were we exhausted!!  We came home to find our piggies still alive thanks to Merritt and the Hansens!

DSCF3103

We crashed for a day and then I was all ready for my 1st actual day of summer break!  We heard from Marisa which was awesome, but around 3:00 a huge dark and terrible storm came upon us and our power went out.

DSCF3107

If you know anything about my pics, you know I can’t capture the essence of truly scary storms…

DSCF3110

And the aftermath?

DSCF3111

I solemnly swear to never buy another canopy. EVER!

The power ended up being off for over 6 hours so we embraced the dark and went to go see the new Transformers, which was good, but not as good as number 3.  Lots of people were there who had lost power as well.  Oh the joys of living in Iowa…

No comments:

Utah- Part 4