Sunday, August 17, 2014

And so it begins…

Finally got my signs up.  Bob cut them out, Kayla painted them, after school care kids cut out the letters and their teacher modge-podged. them.  How's that for amazing delegation??

Because only cool librarians can pull off this kind of display…

Got my board by the main entrance done

017

I was overwhelmed by these boxes sent by people donating and trying to help!  I got all teary-eyed!

001

We finally got a hold of Mike Ritland to come do an assembly for meeting our summer reading goals.  I am SUPER excited for it!!

010

I guess I am an official professional now?

015

To be honest, this week was a tough one.  I wont go into to much detail except to say that the ONLY reason I do this job is for the kids.  I am sick of people, red tape, posturing, and budget cuts.  My new projector was taken, and I was given a dinosaur.  My cataloging computer for the middle was taken and I am fighting to get it back.  The old principal made sure no supplies were ordered for me this year, out of spite.  I wanted to scream and cry.  My chair at the HS was stolen.  I went and got a new one and then my paras was stolen.  When does the madness end?  But, I helped run Back-to-school night and seeing all those smiling faces run up to me to say hi reminded me WHY I do this.  Especially when a boy came running up with his parents and gave me this huge packet of papers of all the hours he read this summer.  His parents said they have never seen him so determined and motivated before.  That’s why I do this, folks.  It’s a matter of ignoring and getting through the rest.  But the kids?  They are MY motivation!

Its always much more fun when Bob does the gardening…

Tyler made it through heck week. Plus, 2 days were 13 hours of marching band and show choir.  Truth be told, I'm a little shocked he survived!

Actual school starts tomorrow.  None of us are mentally ready, but its coming anyway.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Borden Family said...

Good Luck! If we can make it through our first week, so can you

CinnaPatty said...

Whew! I am speechless.

Utah- Part 4