Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy 16th to Tyler!!!

Happy Sweet Sixteen to Tyler!!  Can he really be that old?? He finally got the smart phone and headphones he’s been waiting for! Plus we had crepes with Nutella and watched Jurassic Park (Alayna has never seen it!)

IMG_20141025_161351790_HDR

IMG_20141025_171041435

Tyler also had his last game and final marching Extravaganza!

IMG_20141025_133741825

Alayna got a 100% on the assignment where she brought the Real Care baby home!  We are so proud of her!  PLUS, we got her testing scores.  She is reading at the 94th percentile and at a 12-college age reading level!

006

She also had her 1st temple trip to Nauvoo and said it was “AWESOME!!!”

So, I was able to attend the ILA (Iowa Library Conference) on Wednesday afternoon.  I only went to the exhibits, but it was worth it.  The whole thing was catered and had free alcohol all night.  You should have seen their face when I asked for root beer!  I was able to do so much networking and found 2 places I could order books from with lifetime guarantess and free processing- that’s HUGE!  I found some ways to get grant money possibly, and even got some free books.  I also got free bookmarks and posters.  It was a neat experience and I am so glad I went! I also found my new  favorite quote!

002

003

005

Then this weekend I heard there was a friends of the Cedar Rapids library sale and its something you don’t want to miss.  A friend said it was crazy crowded but basically new books for $1-2 bucks.  So I went and scored!! I should have gotten more!

007

No comments:

Utah- Part 4