Sunday, March 01, 2015

Lots of work

This week has been busy with tons of projects. 

Finally got one of Marisa’s beautiful hammocks up.

005

010

We are grateful for the girls help as we are starting the kitchen.

284

The girls came to work with me on Monday and worked hard for 8 hours.  It always amazes me how c=shocked people are that they would come help me because they knew I needed it and would do it for free.  I guess that means I raised my kids right!  They covered hundreds of books for me, helped get up bulletin boards and even started another project for the high school.  Heres a hint-pics to follow later.

279

The assistant principal came in on Thursday and said they are starting the painting sooner than they thought and so I needed to start packing up the library.  So guess what I did for 2 days straight and still not done.  But I will do anything for new carpet, new paint, and possible new shelves.  But working 2 jobs is just killing me.

Some cool stuff:

1.  We bought a snow blower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.  I contacted Cece Bell, author of El Deafo to sign and send a book to my parents.  What a wonderfully kind lady she is!  I knew she would be able to appreciate the work and effort that my parents have done for the deaf for so many years.

FullSizeRender

3.  I got my “Match the Shelfies” displays up.  We start playing Monday!

275

278

4.  Marisa has been sharing and making some awesome things from Brazil.  This is the night with “pastels”

267

5.  Even Marisa loves the guineas now…

009

002

001

6.  Its been consistently bitter cold, but good things are on the way!  We leave in 12 days for the Caribbean and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4