Sunday, August 02, 2020

Going 1:1

Because our district is going 1:1- meaning every kid gets their own computer- we had to go in and get all the computers ready.  All 5th and 6th graders will get a brand new one their 1st day of class.  So Deb (the other intermediate librarian) and both of our assistants had to come in and process 1300 computers with no other help (because of that fun virus).  We had to unbox, label each cord and computer and cover those labels with tape, sort by homeroom teachers, and rebox it up for transport to the schools.  It took us 14 hours.






I have some very mixed feelings about school.  I am very upset at our governor.  She has declared we have to go back on-site.  I want to go back and be in the library with kids but at the same time we are a red state meaning we still have very high cases and deaths here.  I have had several bad dreams about me contracting it and dying.  I can get a dr note to opt out of on site this year- but then I lose my library and I have to teach courses and grade them online every day- the kind of teaching I hate.  I know there are no good answers so for now, I am trusting that Heavenly Father will protect me as I take precautions to isolate myself in the library and protect me. The district said to keep them posted and if I ever feel I need to move to just online and teach I can.  Seriously- what is happening?!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4