Monday, February 28, 2005

February 28, 2005

February 28, 2005
There comes a time in each of our lives where we are so scared to death, we think we may die. And it takes a long time for our heart to settle back in our chest where it belongs. I firmly believe each child should only be allowed to do that to their parents only one once. Tyler just used his...
It all started out on a beautiful Sunday morning. Grandma and Grandpa Hart were here visiting for the weekend. So, we needed to take 2 cars to church that morning. When we got to church I noticed Tyler wasn’t there and asked Corey if Tyler had already gone in. She said he wasn’t ever in their car. Well, he wasn’t in our car either. It hit us that we had left him at home on accident!! Bob raced home to get him as I frantically called on the phone. He wouldn’t answer. Finally Bob got home and found the side door to our home open as well as the door into our house. He searched everywhere- Tyler was gone. He said he would canvas the neighborhood while I ran in to get Corey to drive me home. Just as we were about to race out the door, the Garcia’s walked into the church with Tyler. As I tried to shove my heart back down my throat and into the chest cavity, I asked where they had found him. They had found him on the highway!!!! I had to keep myself from fainting. What in the sam hill was he doing on the HIGHWAY???
Well, it seems that as we were leaving, Tyler was getting his shoes on when he heard the garage doors close. He started to run after our cars, but we were too fast. He thought he knew the way to church so he decided to walk. (It is a 10-15 minute drive!) So, he said he thought he might go back home and call 9-1-1, but "I knew if I called, the police would take you and dad away and put you in jail because you forgot your kid!". So, he just kept walking. He said that he started crying so he said a prayer. ("Mom, I learned in church that I could say a prayer anytime, anywhere, so I did") Shortly after, the Garcia’s who happened to be running late to church, say this sad little boy walking on the highway with his shoes untied and knew they had to stop and help. Now, I ask you, what are the chances of that??
When we came home from church, he barricaded himself on his bed, surrounded in pillows and took a huge nap. That worried me. He is ok now.
We are so grateful he is safe and was kept safe while we were without him. I know I won’t be getting any "Mother of the year" award, but that’s ok, my kids are safe and sound and that’s all that matters.
Other than that, our week was fine. We did lose the internet again for a complete week. We are really hating this internet company and have been researching other options.
On Friday, Bob and I had a date night out. We went to go see the movie "Hitch" which was HILARIOUS! It was so fun to be out at the movies. Then we went out to dinner. We had such a great time.
On Saturday morning, Marisa had her violin recital. All students from 5th-12th grade sign up for a time and then 20 kids or so each perform a solo piece. Marisa did such a great job. We were so proud of her. Then we got to even hear some of the high schoolers who were amazing. Now Marisa is even more excited!!
We took all the kids to the dentist this week. It was a really cool office. They had a TV with ear phones which totally distracted the kids. Then if the light was too bright, they gave them shades for their eyes. Tyler had 4 cavities. Oh well!
On Thursday Night, Marisa and I had a date at the salon. I got my hair cut again and highlighted. Marisa got her hair cut (will include pics, the pic of me is slightly scary). She loves it so much. Then she got to get her eyebrows waxed for the first time. She did so great- I was proud of her- and she thinks she looks cool! It was a bonding evening.
Well, all is well now with life now that the internet is back up!! Have a wonderful week and I will end with a quote from Kayla’s prayer last night "Please make sure daddy and mommy always look in the back of the car to make sure we are all there!"

No comments:

Utah- Part 4