Monday, September 12, 2005

Sept 12, 2005

September 12, 2005

I think I jinxed myself by bragging to my Enrichment class that I haven’t been sick for almost a year. Shortly after that I got a migraine headache that wouldn’t let up for 5 days, no matter how much medication I took or other things I tried. The last two days were accompanied by nausea. Then I spent the whole weekend down with a horrible head cold. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate being sick? Its even worse taking care of people when you are sick. Kayla came home last week sick, Alayna was sick all weekend and I got a call to come pick up Tyler from school today because he was sick. I guess winter is officially on its way? I am feeling much better, just worn out. I am more grateful than ever for good health!

Marisa joined the school dance team. She loves it and is so excited. She is also trying out for the chamber orchestra on today, plus she is already busy with choir and orchestra. But she is absolutely loving middle school so far. She even started lifting weights with Bob and I.

Bob started his intramural football games this week. he has been so sore from that and basketball. He summed it up at half time when he looked at me and said "I’m not 20 anymore"! He plays every Tuesday night so we will see how his team does.

I found out independent study is changing their rules. Anyone that enrolls in any university class after Oct 1 has to take their tests at an actual university testing center and you have to pay to take the test. I was so livid that I called independent study and they said that it only counts after Oct 1. Basically if I order any class AFTER Oct 1, I will have to travel over an hour away to an approved college testing center and pay to take the test. So I had to order ALL my classes yesterday so I could use Kayla's teacher as my proctor. What a freaking nightmare. So instead of taking 2 credits, I am now taking 6. I am studying and reading like crazy, remembering why I was so happy to graduate in the first place. I am grateful I have the 5 hours a week to study while Alayna is in school, but right now it isn't enough. At least this way it will push me and I will be re-certified by this summer.

For some crazy reason, Kayla has been sleepwalking a lot. She comes up in the middle of the night and doesn’t know where she is. Plus, she gets so cold in the basement. Then there is Tyler who can’t be quiet while Alayna is sleeping in his room. So, we made an executive decision to move Kayla up to this room to share with Alayna and moved Tyler downstairs to have his own room. All were delighted. Kayla has slept soundly since. It was a lot of work changing the rooms, but that’s ok. Kayla and Tyler also both lost a tooth this week.

Well, I guess that catches you up on all the latest happenings in the Hart household. We are looking forward to our big Survivor Premiere this Thursday!!!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4