Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sept 25, 2005

September 25, 2005
Well, another busy week has come and gone. How crazy is it that Christmas is coming up so quick? I just got back from traveling with the stake up to Waverly again. Bob was going to take the kids to church (even though he has been sick the past few days) but then right before they went, Tyler said he was too sick and his leg hurt really bad. SO, Bob had to go take the girls anyway because they both gave talks today (I am so sad I missed) and Tyler was supposed to read the 13th article of faith so Kayla did it instead. So, Bob came home with Alayna and Tyler (who suddenly seemed to be feeling better!) Anyway, I came home and all seems to be well now.
Marisa had drama again this week and really seems to like the class. She LOVES the dance team and I can hardly wait to see her first performance. Kayla started volleyball this week and loves it. Bob didn’t have to be a coach after all, but goes and works with Kayla anyway and she loves having him there. Tyler is still enjoying tae kwon do and may get to test for a belt soon.

On Thursday night, it was Back to School night. It was such a fun evening. They had a fund-raiser spaghetti dinner that we went to. Then we got to see Kayla and Tyler’s classroom and see some of the fun stuff they have done so far. They are both doing great in their classes. I will have all the parent teacher conferences in October. That is coming up quick, isn’t it?

On Friday night, we attended a dinner party at a friends house. They had tons of couples attend. We had a great Mexican potluck dinner and then went around and shared how each couple met. It was so funny some of the ways they met, we all laughed and had such a great time. They want to start a dinner club where all of us rotate who will host it in their home. We are all excited. Almost every couple has moved into the ward in just the past two years, so this is a wonderful way to get to know everyone. It was also Marisa’s first time to officially babysit. She watched Ty and Alayna the whole time we were gone and did a GREAT job! Kayla went to her friends house to spend the night and also had a great time there.

On Saturday, I attended our ward Super Saturday. I did a very cool project for the kids for Christmas, but I can’t mention here as Marisa reads all the newsletters (Hi Marisa!) Needless to say, it took me 5 hours!!!! I really hate doing craft projects and if you ask me, 5 hours is way too long! Ughh! I guess it will be worth it Christmas morning? maybe?

Bob’s team lost 81-0. In case you haven’t guessed, his team was the 0. The funny thing was hearing these guys talk about how they try running but their legs just gave out and they fell, or one jumped and thought he was flying through the air only to see he had cleared 1 inch off the ground and completely missed the pass. So, I have to go to the game on Tuesday to see this funny stuff I am missing.

I am plugging away on my classes. I am 2 lessons away from finishing the first class and got 2 A’s back so far. I must say I don’t have any free time anymore, but am proud of all I have accomplished. This last unit was on poetry so I am including the poem that the kids and I laughed really hard over. Hope you all have a wonderful week (that is if anyone still reads this anymore, I don’t know)

Love-kris

Homework! Oh, Homework!
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you
away in the sink,
if only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You’re giving me fits.
I’d rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework
my teacher assigns.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You’re last on my list,
I simply can’t see
why you even exist,
if you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a list of those books! I love you!

Utah- Part 4