Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sept 18, 2005

September 18, 2005

Hello everyone! Sorry to hear some of you are having cold weather already. It has been so beautiful this week that we have had all the windows open with a gorgeous breeze. I am loving it while it lasts. Anything is better than that horrid heat and humidity we had all last month!

We still haven’t heard back on the results of Marisa’s chamber orchestra auditions, but she did join the drama team this week as well. I think the stress of middle school is starting to hit her. She has had so much homework and has found it tough to keep up the school work in all areas. She is hanging in there though.

Kayla had her friend, Chandler, over on Friday. She is such a sweet girl and Kayla loves having her for a friend. However, we watched "Jaws" (because the kids wanted to see it) and I think we scared the crap out of both Kayla and her friend. I forgot they show a floating dead head as well as the shark who totally chews that fisherman to death. Funny how we block things out. (There goes my mom of the year award!!) I actually remember watching Jaws at BYU in a raft, in the pools in the RB building. That was scary! Kayla starts volleyball tomorrow and I talked Bob into helping coach her team, so they are pretty excited. Marisa and Kayla spend a lot of their time watching old episodes of "So you think you can dance" and memorize all the moves. Kayla does the girl parts and Marisa does the boys and they can do some very cool tricks.

Tyler was sick a bit this week. He kept telling me his neck hurt, it took me almost a full day to realize he meant his throat hurt! He spends a lot of time running around the backyard with a shoe box trying to catch insects, etc. He’s funny. The other day he and his new friends from the neighborhood and church caught a toad in our backyard. We sent it home with them.
Alayna is loving school and going to the Y. She still gets into stuff and drives us a bit batty, but its getting a tad bit better.

Bob played another football game on Tuesday and they got creamed again. He is hoping for better results this week.

My other two classes arrived this week and I started one of them. It’s the health and fitness lifestyles class. It has some great chapters that will help me when I teach, plus it makes me work out (I do anyway). I have been so stressed with these classes. I cannot imagine how it was that I took 15 credit hours each semester in college. I just need to remind myself that I didn’t have 4 kids back then, I guess. I am really enjoying my Children’s lit class. I have read some really cool books. Children’s literature covers all the teen books as well. If any of you are interested in the titles of some of the ones I have loved, let me know. I have learned a lot about how I want to teach it when I start teaching again, which also has me nervous. Am I ready to start teaching again? Can I have the energy I used to have when I taught? Will I end up in a looney bin being a teacher and mom at the same time? Ughh! Anyway, if I am not as good as getting back to you in email, please know that I am studying or reading!

We did have a GREAT Survivor party on Thursday with a few people from our ward. It was so much fun to have people to celebrate that are as big of fans as we are. We are all well and healthy now and ready for another fun week ahead. A special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Uncle James and Grandma Annie this week!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4