Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sept 4, 2005

September 4, 2005

So, what is the worst thing your child can do in a library?? I will let you think about that as I share our story with you. Yesterday, Bob went to the Stake Softball tournament. I decided to take the kids to the library (mistake #1). I had to get many books for my children’s literature class I am taking. We haven’t been to a library in over a year and Alayna has never been (mistake #2). Well, I explained how we have to whisper, no running, etc. So, the little guys played by the puppet area while I searched for books (mistake #3). Everything was fine for about 20 minutes when all of the sudden the deafening fire alarm went off! My first instinct was not "oh my goodness, we need to get out of here" or run around panicked like others were. My first instinct is "Oh CRAP, where is Alayna????" Sure enough I saw her running like a bat out of hell with the librarian chasing after her. I don’t think I have ever been more mortified!!! We went up and apologized, checked out the books and ran to the car. I wonder if I can ever show my face there again? Her excuse? "I couldn’t find you mommy and I needed a hug". How can you not love that? Next time lets not pull the red handle though, ok??

Our week has been incredibly busy, more so than usual. I have continued my swimming which I am really enjoying. I am getting faster and now rarely have to stop. Hopefully, I will see results soon! The kids had a great week at school. They have been very busy with reading and homework. Alayna got a special present from Gma Annie- a dress up box. They have been having so much fun with that- so I took lots of pics I will post.

On Monday, I had to make 4 pans of those rocky road brownies for the missionary zone conference, ordered my new college class, and prepared a special FHE. That night we had Adrian (my VT partner/new member) over for dinner and FHE. Overall it went ok, although we may have to have our next family home evening on manners and etiquette!

On Tuesday, I helped set up and feed the missionaries for zone conference. There were 44 missionaries in attendance and after they ate, they asked us to come in so they could sing to us as a thank you. One guy played a beautiful song he wrote on his guitar. Then all the Elders stood and sang. What a powerful sight that was!! Plus, it was Alayna's first day of preschool. She had such a great time! She loves her teacher and comes home with fun projects each day. That night, we went to do weights while Tyler was at Tae kwon do. Marisa has decided to join us lifting weights and she really likes it. She was very sore the next day, but she didn’t seem to mind.

On Wednesday, I did my laps at the pool again. Then spent the whole day trying to prepare my Enrichment Night presentation on Staying Fit. That night we spent working on the yard as a family- lots of work to be done. Our tomatoes plants are looking very sad, but still producing...barely. We also found a new nest of baby bunnies with 5 babies and chose not to tell the kids. We can’t figure out how they keep sneaking in. We need to find a way to keep them out. We don’t need any more dead baby bunnies across the yard! While we were out, we saw a hot air balloon. It kept getting closer until we realized it was coming down fast and it actually landed the next street over!!! It was so cool to see it come down so close. We got some fun pics to share.

On Thursday, Alayna had preschool again and loved it. This is just so good for both of us. Then that night at Enrichment, I gave the presentation on Staying Fit.

On Friday, we had a RS Stake Pres meeting and luncheon which was very nice but long. It seems like we have so many stake things coming up in the next few months. Plus, they decided to start our fall visits even though we just finished up the spring ones 2 weeks ago! That night, we watched "Cast Away" with the kids. All 4 were mesmerized! Tyler was very upset when he lost Wilson in the ocean. Later, Alayna kept asking where Wilson was. Tyler told her that he went back in an airplane to go find him. I think thats what Tyler told himself because he couldn’t bear the thought that Wilson was lost forever. I thought that was so sweet. Of course, he is the same kid we watched Anaconda with the next day because he thinks snakes are so cool!! Go figure!

Last night we watched "Sahara". We loved it. What a fun adventure movie. Now I can’t wait to read the book. Today I traveled with the Stake to Waterloo and Cedar Falls. We had good visits but it makes for a very long day. It will be nice to have a day off of everything tomorrow. We have absolutely no plans and I like it that way. We hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day! Enjoy the day off!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4