Tuesday, April 11, 2006

April 11, 2006

April 11, 2006
Yesterday was an absolutely perfect weather day. It was 75 and gorgeous!!! So, we skipped all the chores after school and went outside instead to play! Tyler came running in so excited he could hardly stand it. He found a new birds nest under our patio. When I went to check it out it had 4 little blue eggs in it. It was so cool!! Spring is finally on its way and we are so excited! We even rode our bikes around the neighborhood for FHE. We couldn’t get Marisa on, I guess she is still scared. But we will get her “back on the horse” soon enough.

We had a wonderful and busy week last week. The girls had their last volleyball game. They both did a great job and look forward tp playing again next year. I actually think Marisa may try out the school team. Kayla is planning to do gymnastics through the summer, so is Alayna. Tyler also started basketball which he is enjoying. His first game is this Saturday.

The kids had a primary activity on Saturday and they really didn’t like it. It was all about the passover, which could have been cool. However, the primary president actually sat and lectured for 2 hours!!! Hellllloooo- these were primary kids. Then their lunch consisted of what they ate back then: burned crackers, lettuce dipped in salt water, unleavened bread, etc. They were not happy campers when they got home. Good luck to me to try and get them to go to another one!

Tyler’s 2nd grade class musical was Thursday night. It was so cute. It was called “Bugz” and was about all these bugs trying to go to a picnic. Tyler was a horsefly. The songs were so cute and he did a great job! We taped it for you grandparents. It was fun to see how popular Tyler is. As we walked down the hall, all the kids had to make sure and say hi to him.

Bob is starting a class this week he has to take for work. It will be every Tuesday for 12 weeks from 6-9. It will be good for him to get it out of the way. He is also starting on a softball team this week, so he will busy for the next couple of months!

We have a very busy couple of weeks ahead of us!! This week Tyler has his “People fair”. Then the huge Stake RS symposium is on Saturday. We have been preparing for this for a long time, so I hope it all runs smoothly. The next week I was asked to do the youth fireside on dating and was just asked this week to speak at Stake Conference. That has me scared spitless- literally. At least I get to talk about a subject I love- Family and strengthening the home. Everyone wish me luck so I don’t embarrass myself. I have visions of me tripping right before I get up to the podium.

Well, I better run. I need to get Alayna to school and run my huge list of errands. Looks like I may have to put in a call to the doctor as well since I don’t think her ear infection cleared. Hope the Messiah performance went well for you all in Logan. We hope everyone has a great week- enjoy the coming of Spring!!

Love,
Kris

No comments:

Utah- Part 4