Wednesday, April 26, 2006

April 26, 2006

April 26, 2006

I tell ya, April has been one very busy month. But I must say, one wonderful thing has been the gorgeous Spring weather we have had. We welcome it with open arms. Ours trees and flowers are blooming. It’s so exciting to spend the day in warmth and sunshine!

It was our 13th anniversary this week and Bob did the coolest thing. He actually planned a secret weekend away, but someone at church accidently spilled the beans. Anyway, he arranged for Hal and Corey to come watch the kids (Thank you so much for that!) Then he took me to a movie, out to dinner, out for dessert, and then to a hotel for the night. It was so relaxing and I was so impressed that he planned that all out for us. It’s incredible to think we have been married for 13 wonderful years. The time really does fly.

On Sunday, I spoke at Stake Conference. That is quite nerve-racking. Elder Orton came as the General Authority and I was able to meet him. I spoke on the Family and How to strengthen our homes. I think it went well? I did have dry mouth but just hoped and prayed no one could tell. I will post the story I used in th talk in case anyone is interested. That night, I taught the youth fireside on dating. I thought it was a huge success. The youth all had tons of questions that I was actually prepared to answer. It was a blast to teach and hopefully they learned something as well. They let Marisa come watch and it was so fun to have her there. I guess she will get to go to all the firesides from now on. So exciting!

On Monday night, we had the missionaries over for dinner along with the Herring’s family in our ward. We had a fun night making homemade tacos and of course, the chocolate fountain. The missionaries taught the lesson aimed at Tyler and the little boy, Joey, who will be getting baptized this year. It was a fun evening.

So, the last few days I have been a slug. Next month is full of lots of fun stuff as well, so I figured it would be ok to be sluggy! Until next week....

No comments:

Utah- Part 4