Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jan 28, 2007


January 28, 2007

It’s a gorgeous 0 degrees this morning, but with the windchill is -15!! Anybody else out there ready for spring to begin? It may be cold, but that sure doesn’t slow us down. We have had lots going on around here.

The most exciting thing this week was Tyler had his very first pinewood derby!! He was so excited about it. We watched the movie “Down and Derby” last weekend so he could see what it was like. Those dads on the movie seemed unrealistic- or so I thought, until we went to our derby! Anyway, Tyler tried to paint lightning on his car, but it didn’t work. So, he just painted yellow and orange blobs over the red. I will post some pictures- he was SO proud. He ended up winning his first four races and lost his last four. He is so excited for next year that he has already created his “design” which is Spongebob and Patrick riding in a blue car. I will let you know how it goes!

Bob and I were asked to start attending the Family History course. We are very excited to have a time set to work on it and lots of people to help. Thank you all for sending us the work you have already done. I was shocked when we downloaded Grandma Cunningham’s file to see 6,500 names. Holy Cow!!! Marisa is excited to help as a personal progress project. Very cool!

We got all of Alayna’s kindergarten paperwork this week. Her orientation is in February! In some ways, she has grown up very fast.

This week is full of “stuff”. Marisa has her chair auditions for the Metropolitan concert she is playing in next weekend. She also has a choir concert this week. Kayla has her 5th grade musical. She tried out for a part and didn’t, make it which was heartbreaking! But she was chosen to be an indian, so this weekend we have been working on designing her cool costume. I’ll send pics when we finish.

One of my professors started sending me assignments even though its not an official class yet. I see many hours of work ahead of me. Jobs are already starting to be posted, so I am trying to get prepared. It was a quiet sub week. I only subbed a half day. I do sub tomorrow all day. Bob has been working overtime the past few weeks and is almost done with volleyball season.

If any of you are interested, this is the address where we posted all our family slideshows.
We take all of our pictures from the year and put it together with music. We think they are fun. Please let us know what you think. Have a wonderful week!

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?bm=67415



Kris and Family

No comments:

Utah- Part 4