Sunday, January 10, 2010

If a fairy died every time a teenager rolled their eyes…

then we would have fairies dropping like flies over here!  It’s almost comical.  I can get at least one teen to eye roll no matter what I say or do.  I told them if they keep it up, then their eyes will get stuck up there.  That launched into a giant discussion about all the “lies” we told them when they were younger like: “if you keep crossing your eyes, they will stay that way”, “if you swallow gum, it stays in your stomach for 7 years”, etc. 

You will never guess what we got this week…MORE SNOW!  Is anyone surprised??

IMG_0861 IMG_0862

Creative Boredom:

What happens when the temperature and wind-chill are so low, that it makes going out to build a snowman impossible.  So, you must become creative with your indoor activities.  Actually I would LOVE to try being bored again.  I have forgotten what it is like.  Anyway, here are pics of this weeks “creative boredom buster”!  They will make you totally wish you were here!IMG_0904 IMG_0905 IMG_0910 IMG_0913 IMG_0917 IMG_0911

Other Happenins’:

 

I FINALLY OFFICIALLY completed my professional portfolio.  You would be shocked if I told you how many hours it took.  Once I finish my huge, scary, intense 3 day observation I will be in the home stretch.IMG_0863

IMG_0865

Tyler’s musical (where he has a main part) will be this week.  I hope I can get some pics of it.  They have been working hard on it and he is so excited.  He also discovered the “lightening thief” and hasn’t been able to put the book down.  I had to go buy him the next book.  I hope to read it soon too. 

My school “required” that we all do the 10 tutorials over the NWEA testing.  To make it “fun” they made it into a contest: whoever did all 10 tutorials (took about 15 hours) and does it the fastest wins.  Apparently, I won.  I was supposed to be “crowned” on Thursday during the staff meeting, but it was cancelled due to the early release.  I hear the crown “sparkles and bedazzles”….

Marisa and I started a wellness challenge with her friend, Desi.  I also entered the wellness challenge at work.

Well, I guess that’s about it for this week of adventures.  What will next week bring?  More snow?

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, now who is the blogging queen? I am in a blogging slump. I love your posts and love the chair sculptures.

The Borden Family said...

Glad to see the creative juices flowing. I'm not sure my kids could handle so much "forced" indoor time. Good luck with your review!

Utah- Part 4