Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back into the swing of things…

Blog Books

I finally have some time to cross off things on my giant list of things to do. I was able to finish 3 more blog books this week! (2006, 2007 and 2008) I just have 2009 left to do and then I will order them all at once. My friend said she used a different place for a blog book called “cutest blog on the block”. I tried it out and it was super easy- you just put in your blog address and within minutes it has slurped it into a book. From what I can tell, its more expensive though. Anyway, just thought I would share in case anyone was looking into making one.

Cutest Blog on the Block

How many cavities??

Tyler, Alayna, and I had our dentist appts this week. I almost put up a contest to see who could guess how many cavities Alayna had, but soon realized none of you would get it right. When the dentist told me Alayna had 8 cavities I thought he was kidding me. But he wasn’t. 8 cavities?? Are you kidding me? So, I have to take her in this week to get them all filled. We got her a new electric toothbrush with all the trimmings. You don’t EVEN want to know how much this will cost us. Goodbye savings…

Garden

Our garden took off while we were gone. That “miracle grow” stuff REALLY works. Now the tomato plants are taller than Alayna. Our apple trees actually have tons of apples. Our raspberries were perfect in this amazing chocolate raspberry pie. (Anyone want the recipe?) Anyway, I’m sure we will be spending weekends making salsa soon. Looks like we have a giant crop of tomatoes on the way.

IMG_2114

IMG_2115

We have vampires in our family?

My awesome sister-in-law made these really cool photos of Kayla and Alayna in honor of Eclipse coming out. We think they are super cool! Alayna posted hers in the kitchen. She had been working overtime on her points chart and claims she has earned the title of “Employee of the week” and so her picture is now posted on the fridge to show everyone.

Vamp001 web (4)

vamp web (4)

Hart family pics

Here are some adorable pictures Corey took at the Hart reunion.

clip_image001

clip_image001[4]

Reading:

I’ve also finally been able to do some leisure reading. I almost forgot what that meant. I finished “The Lost Symbol” by Dan Brown (heavy reading but I really enjoyed it) I read the 1st 2 books in this new teen series called “Conspiracy 365”. Great concept and lots of fun. I need to somehow get a hold of the other books. The libraries don’t have them yet and I don’t want to buy them all. You can see more about it on http://www.conspiracy365.com/ . I also finished “Heat Wave” which goes along with the tv show “Castle”.  Anyway, that was a very fun read too. I have a huge stack I am working through, but I know at some point I need to work on some work stuff. Its seriously coming up way too quick!

EFY

The girls had a fantastic time at EFY this week in Normal, Illinois. I am hoping they will take time to update their blogs with the experiences they had this week. They came home tired but said it was worth it!

IMG_2116

(Just home from EFY))

1 comment:

Burro123 said...

haha i like that kayla still holds onto the lanyard after she gets home!

Utah- Part 4