Thursday, July 01, 2010

Mountains, water falls, and an eclipse

We drove up to the Rocky Mountain National Park (I think that’s what its called?). It was a very scenic drive through the mountains. We took a shuttle up to Bear Lake where we walked the trail the whole way around the lake. It was so beautiful and we had perfect weather.

IMG_2078

(Dont ask me what is up with the frowny faces.  Geeks!)

IMG_2081

IMG_2082

IMG_2084

IMG_2083

(I swear Tyler wanted to take a picture of every rock there!)

IMG_2085

IMG_2094

IMG_2090

IMG_2092

Then we followed another trail up to Alberta Falls which was absolutely beautiful. The only draw back was the kids kept getting really close to the edge and I was terrified they’d go over the edge. I swear- the things we moms worry about. We ended up walking about 5 miles and the kids actually did really well.

IMG_2095

IMG_2096

IMG_2098

IMG_2100

IMG_2101

IMG_2103

We also went to see Eclipse today! I really enjoyed it, but that’s because the 100 kissing scenes don’t bother me, but all those teenage boys that went with us….poor Tyler had his head in his shirt for those parts. Anyway, it was more violent, but I still liked it. Now-if I could only get Stephanie Meyer to make an alternate ending that includes more of Jacob…

IMG_2104

2 comments:

The Borden Family said...

How was the movie? Such beautiful places for outdoor fun. What a good pick for a family reunion.

Grace Hart said...

Yes I think if perhaps you write Stephanie and tell her our idea for an alternate ending movie and how she'll make millions off of it- she may just go along with it. Also, can you tell her we'd like a cut (since it was our idea after all) and that 50% would suffice :)

Utah- Part 4