Monday, November 19, 2012

Really???

Really???

Ok I am trying to write a quick update about Bob to catch everyone up.

He got both the flu shot and pneumonia shot over 6 weeks ago and has been on rotating antibiotics to prevent this very thing! He has had a regular cold all week, but starting Friday night he went down very fast! By Sunday morning, he went to the walk-in clinic. When they checked his pulse while he walked down the hallway, he went from 88 to 130! After tests, they found he was positive for Influenza A and Pneumonia! So, they sent him straight to the hospital.

Image11182012124510

They checked us into the isolation ward. He had a fever with body aches and chills. They started IV fluids and 4 different drugs, including another antibiotic to combat the pneumonia and tamiflu for the flu.

Image11182012161948

After dinner, I went home to take care of the kids. Kayla wasn’t feeling well and I knew I needed to get them into bed. I went down by 8:30 because I wasn’t feeling well, and then had a tough night with sore throat, bodyaches, headache, etc. Grrr! Woke up at 7 to find the older kids overslept seminary. I got them all up ready and got Alayna to viola. Then I came back here to the hospital.

Image11182012141005

Warning: Grumpy tone used ahead:

Bob just got another breathing treatment and still has fever. We still have NO results of new information since yesterday when we checked in which is making me mad. I do NOT like his day nurse. She told me I had to wear a mask, even though the nurse didn’t make me wear one yesterday and Im pretty sure I already have the flu. So, leave me alone dumb lady! I kept asking questions and she wasn’t giving any answers. Grr! I may need to go ask someone else. We have no idea if we will be staying another night. He says he can breathe a little easier and doesn’t feel as awful as last night. I guess we will see how today goes.

Image11182012125934

No comments:

Utah- Part 4