Sunday, November 04, 2012

Halloween, Wizards, and OH! What a week!

Halloween, Wizards, and OH! What a week!

Halloween was very different for us this year. I will admit it’s kinda nice when the kids grow up and you don’t have to do the whole big Halloween thing. Is that bad? Kayla drew a mouse face on her face and went to a Sunday School party with friends. Alayna went to school as a gangster- she was very determined. She came home, raced to the storage room, and started rustling through the dress-up box and came up a wizard. When I asked why she suddenly changed her mind, she said that being a gangster wasn’t as cool as she thought it would be. So, I made a “Harry scar” on her forehead and she said, “Mom! I can’t be a boy!!” So, we took it off and said she could be Hermoine. She didn’t like that either. She went as “Generic Wizard #1”. Im pretty sure our stake is the only one on the nation that didn’t have a trunk or treat. Tyler, being the sweet older brother that he is, took Alayna around the neighborhood to get candy. Bob and I got to hunker in the basement watching our shows. Works for me!

DSCF1378

DSCF1382

Alayna spread her spoils around, organized them by type, and then put them into labeled baggies for what she calls her “Candy year supply”.

DSCF1383

DSCF1384

DSCF1385

Jazz a thon

Tyler had a HUGE Jazz-a-thon on Friday night. All the jazz bands join together for a huge fundraiser where the played music, sold concessions, etc. Thanks again to Patty for saving the day with pictures!!

IMG_0190 (2)

IMG_0191 (2)

IMG_0193 (2)

Down by the New Red Oak Tree

After finishing their tree unit in science class, all 5th graders were sent home with a red oak tree to plant. Alayna was so excited. We planted it in the backyard by the 3 evergreen trees. We hope we don’t kill it!

DSCF1388

Good Day/Bad day

I am always amazed at how we need experiences with the bad to appreciate the good.

Good day

I wasn’t feeling well, but not hideously bad, but mentally and emotionally? I needed a break! I took a sick day. I kicked butt! I had like 5 million things I am never able to get done because I am always so busy or my energy meter runs out too fast. I flourish when I get time alone, actually don’t ache physically, and no one is bugging me. It was such a great day and I felt rejuvenated and ready to conquer the rest of the week like a warrior! Then, I had Friday…

Bad day

I woke up around 4:00AM with a massive migraine. Never a good way to start out the day. We have been dog-sitting all week. I went in to feed the dogs and I found a complete nightmare (if you know me and animals….). They had ripped open their stuffed monkey, ripped out the squeaker (can’t blame them on that), eaten some of the stuffing and barfed and peed over LITERALLY the whole floor! I wanted to scream. So, I had to clean it all up, feed them, and let them outside.

Then, I woke up Tyler for seminary, like the awesome mom I am, only to find out seminary had been cancelled. If looks could kill, I am sure I would have been dead on the spot. My stomach starting hurting badly and that mixed with the headache was NOT a good combo.

Got to school early and found all windows were open and fan was on high. It was like a freaking ice box in there. During the day, I had an “altercation” with my boss which almost made me quit on the spot. How much more do I have to take before a job will open for me? Im not sure how much more I can take.

Came home exhausted, stomach and head still hurting, ready to cry. I pulled into the garage, and then the garage door broke and SLAMMED down to the ground with a huge crash! Trapping my car inside. It was like a giant ! to my crappy day. It was truly a bad day.

 

image

Odds and Ends

Tyler earned his Deacon Duty to God

DSCF1379

Alayna has been sick yesterday and today with fever, sore throat, etc.  Bob took her to walk-in clinic this morning and they said it isnt strep.  Poor thing…

DSCF1386

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Hey! She's wearing the shirt! I'm so happy :) Makes me smile. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Glad it's not strep, although that's always an "easy" fix as opposed to waiting out a virus...

Hope your days go better than Friday. Gracious! You don't have to pack ALL things bad into ONE day you know...overachiever. Hee hee.

Utah- Part 4