Sunday, October 28, 2012

Marisa Oct 28

October 28, 2012

Hey everybody, sorry I’m bad about doing a weekly update but Sundays are super crazy at BYU. We always have something going on between visiting teaching, home teaching, skyping our families, ward prayer, floor meeting, etc. It’s supposed to be a day of rest, but it ends up being one of the crazier days during the week. So I have a little time now to write a few things so here we go. Last week (I guess like 2 weeks ago) I went on 2 dates!! The bad part is that for one I asked and paid…and the other was a ward one where I was forced to go with this really weird guy…so basically I’m scoring big time. But I guess I got some dates so I can’t complain.

The date where I asked we went to this “Haunted Boat Ride”, which actually wasn’t scary in the slightest, but was still kind of fun. It was a group date with a bunch of my roommates and we all asked pretty funny guys so it was actually a pretty entertaining night. We had hot chocolate afterwards, which was awesome. I love that we’re getting back into hot chocolate weather, but I hate the cold. It has snowed a couple times this week, which is ridiculous because we haven’t even had Halloween yet, but oh well. At least it’s really pretty, especially on the mountains. Anyway, the other date was our ward pumpkin carving date, and to match us up all the girls put a shoe in a big bucket and whichever boy chose your shoe was your date. The actual date was pretty fun, but my date was really, really weird. When he picked me up, he said “Oh dang it! I forgot my chastity unicorn!” Apparently he has this toy unicorn (like the horse heads on a stick) that he takes on all his dates…like I said, weird. But then when we got there, we had to decide what to carve on our pumpkin. First he wanted to do the first vision…and then he suggested doing a cute kitty (and proceeded to show me about 50 kitty pictures on his phone), and we eventually just carved a weird looking missionary. But at the end we got free chocolate milk and cinnamon rolls, so it was worth it. And the dates can only go up from here!

I still am working on my mission papers and I’m getting really excited about the whole mission thing. I also am getting really excited about seeing some of my grandparents and some of dad’s side of the family for Thanksgiving in Arizona, which will be really fun. I’ve never actually met Jeff and Grace’s little Charlotte so I can’t wait! I also can’t wait to go home for Christmas and see the fam. You guys are pretty awesome :)

My classes are going pretty well, but it’s crazy to think I have less that 2 months left of my first semester of college. This Wednesday I get to sign up for classes for next semester. Hopefully I’ll get into some good one’s, but I have the last possible registration day, so I basically will only get the leftover classes. We shall see. I got to send in my election ballot this week. It’s pretty cool that I’m old enough to vote now, not that it will make a huge difference. It’s still cool.

This week I went to my first BYU basketball game. It was really fun and it was cool to see Brandon Davies and Tyler Haws up close and stuff! We had a stake Halloween dance, which was semi-fun, like any other stake activity haha. Tonight all of us roommates put together a little Halloween dinner and I made cute little mummies (pigs in a blanket), and we had other “spooky” foods I guess ha. I think that’s just about everything exciting that’s been going on recently, but I still love it here. I’m having lots of fun!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4