Sunday, October 14, 2012

Marisa- Oct 14

 

October 14, 2012

So yeah, I have so much to say...where to even begin...I guess I'll just start with the biggest thing. I'M GOING ON A MISSION! This is all just so crazy. Before conference I tried to think of some questions I had or whatever, like I always do, and for whatever reason I kept thinking about a mission. I just kept trying to tell myself "Marisa, stop worrying about this. You have several years to decide if you need to go." But for whatever reason, I couldn't stop thinking about it. And then, lo and behold, Monson dropped the bomb. I was so not expecting an answer to a question that I've always kept in the back of my mind. And it was my first time every going to conference at the conference center, so I was freaking out anyway. Inside the conference center there was like the biggest gasp/ freak out ever haha. My roommates and I were seriously like hyperventilating the rest of that session and we couldn't focus at all on the rest of the talks. The poor people around us had to listen to us freak out for 2 hours haha. This whole thing is just so UNREAL. The thing is, I always felt like I maybe should serve a mission, but I always thought "well I'll see what happens, but I'll probably get married first", but now I can leave before I get married, and get back before I end up being and old maid...at 23 haha.

So yeah this week I filled out some of my mission papers! I'm still kind of in shock that this is actually happening. I'm planning on turning in my papers in like April-ish to be able to leave around August. This is just all happening so suddenly and my life has just been so changed around. Like I could be sent to China or something, and then that will totally change my major and everything. I’m really hoping to go Spanish-speaking *fingers crossed*. I'm so, so, so excited though. Every time I think about going I like almost start crying!

Anyway, enough of that. General Conference was super amazing, as usual. Hopefully you all got to watch it! Well everything else I have to say is like nothing compared to that news…haha. It’s been getting kind of cold around here and I'm kind of dreading winter because now I have to walk everywhere. I miss my car so much :'( Never thought I would say that, but I totally do. Sad. I went to see divine comedy this week (one of the comedy clubs at BYU) and it was so funny :) Our football team isn’t doing so great right now, but it’s still really fun to go to the games and be a part of the crowd.

Well, we’re having my cousin, Jared, and his roommates over soon for dinner, but I’m having lots of fun out here and I feel so, so lucky to be here! Love you all!

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Yay Marisa! You go, girl! I gotta tell you, I had 2 years of HS Spanish and 2 years of college Spanish before my mission and I still got headaches and cried with frustration at not being able to understand or speak! But, after a few months (yes, months) I started dreaming in Spanish, and then I started THINKING in Spanish. Yes. It was awesome.

No matter where you go, the Lord will be with you.

Utah- Part 4