Sunday, October 07, 2012

Marisa- Oct 2

October 2, 2012

Sorry I’ve had a couple crazy days, so this update is a little late, but better late than never! This past week was pretty normal as far as classes and everything. I did have a midterm for Spanish and got 92%! Today I took my first test in the testing center (for American Heritage :P ) and I got 90%! I’m so happy! I’m really learning a lot in my classes and I really love all my teachers. And more importantly, I’m getting closer and closer to being done with American Heritage haha. I just found out that I’ll be able to sign up for classes for next semester on Halloween, so I’ve already planned out kind of a loose schedule of classes I want to take. I’m really hoping I can get into Polynesian or Irish dance! Most of the other classes are just extensions of classes I’m taking now. It’s crazy to think that I’m almost halfway done with my first semester of college already. Time flies when you’re having fun!

Well, our football team played Hawaii last week and creamed them. They actually had 2 players in the first 8 minutes of play that had to be taken out in an ambulance. If the first one could have waited, they could have carpooled! Haha, anyway, that game was really fun because Grandma and Grandpa Hart were in town and let Jared and me sit by them! It was great to see them! On Saturday they took us to lunch and dinner and shopping. It was a pretty fun day and it was awesome to spend time with them since we haven’t seen them for a while!

image

On Saturday night I had to go to “Rec Night”, which is like a big dance night for anyone involved in folk dance (I had to go for my folk dance class). It was actually really fun, and Jared was there with me so I didn’t feel totally alone :) Because it was a special rec night, I got to see the International Folk Dance Ensemble (the best team in our school) perform, and it was incredible. I wish I could dance like that!

So that was a really fun night, but I was pretty exhausted the next morning. Unfortunately I had a ton of meetings and things to go to on Sunday so I didn’t get to take a nap :( , but I will probably survive.

Adjusting to living on my own really hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. I’ve actually been eating really well, in fact I have way too much food squished into the fridge and freezer haha. I guess that’s better than the other way around… My roommates are still awesome and we all get along so well! They are all so fun to be around. I definitely am very blessed to have them. As I’ve met other girls I have become more and more grateful for the roommates I have haha. We actually have a really fun FHE group, even though there are only 4 weird guys, but they are pretty funny and like to hang out with us, so we’ll take it.

Well I think that’s about it. This coming weekend I’m going to the Utah State game and then I’ll be going to Conference on Saturday morning and watching the rest at my roommates house. I’m really excited because I’ve never been to Conference live! It should be pretty awesome. Hope everyone is doing well!

image

No comments:

Utah- Part 4