Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dancing, Singing, and Art

Daddy Daughter Dance

Bob and Alayna had a very fun date night on Friday night for Activity Days. They learned the foxtrot, got to do the limbo, and danced. She said it was so fun she didn’t want the dance to end! I would like to point out that we went and bought her a beautiful outfit and then last minute she chose not to go with it. How’d I get such a tomboy?

IMG_0003

IMG_0002

IMG_5062

Photography Class

Kayla has been loving her graphics communications class. The last few weeks she has been doing photography and she brought home her final pictures this weekend. I was super impressed! I see some amazing talent!

IMG_0008

IMG_0006

IMG_0007

Opus: Warning Brag Moment

Alayna made the OPUS choir!!! Not only that, but she was the ONLY one to make it from her school!

Tyler made the OPUS choir!!! Not only that, but he was the ONLY one to make it from his school!

Projects

Alayna worked hard on her Indian Pueblo, did it all by herself, and got it turned in 3 weeks early! She did a great job!

DSCF1323

DSCF1325

I stumbled upon a new project too. Not sure how I get myself into these things. Ever since Bob and I were married, we have made sure to do a family picture every year. Some are crappy quality and they are all housed in hideous crappy frames. I saw a frame I loved at Michael’s, but it was over 5x the cost of the cheap Wal-Mart frames they are currently in. So, I decided I would go back once a week with my stupid 40% off coupon to buy 1 frame a week. The 2nd week I went (this week), there was a special sale on them “Buy 1, get 1 for a penny”!!! That’s 50% off people! So, I went crazy and got all 20 frames. Don’t tell Bob. Then, I went back and tracked down as many original photos as I could and ordered new modern ones. I’ll show you the finished product when I’m done.

IMG_5063

(Can you tell the before and after?)

Tis the Season

Its about that time, when all the illnesses start coming around. Alayna and Tyler came home sick Thursday afternoon. When I say Alayna was sick, I mean it took me 30 minutes to clean up the bathroom. I keep cleaning and lysoling the house like nobody’s business but it seems those germs can be persistent!

DSCF1326

(How adorable is this pic???)

Movie Recommendation

Our family watched a sweet movie this past week called “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close”. It was a beautiful movie about a boy who lost his father in 9/11. I highly recommend it.

DSCF1328

3 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Wow! Good for you on getting those frames. I've done that before with my 40% off coupons too :)

The Borden Family said...

Wow Kayla! Amazing! sorry about the sickness, we've had Jacob home all week. do you need an 8X10 of the one I have?

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

If you have the one of me, bob, kayla and marisa....yes!! I would love it!!

Utah- Part 4