Sunday, November 18, 2012

Marisa 11/18/12

Life is going well here under the Y. It has snowed a few times and we still have some snow and ice hanging around. It’s super pretty, but I really hate the cold, especially now that I have to walk everywhere in it. One day we had a big storm and my boots and socks totally soaked through. So yeah, that wasn’t super fun. I’m glad I’ve experienced real winter before, though. One of my roommates is from Texas and has never seen snow haha. The snow and everything here makes it way more exciting for me to go to Arizona this week for Thanksgiving, though! I can’t wait!

I actually get 3 thanksgivings this week because we’re having one tonight with our ward, we’re doing a family home evening thanksgiving dinner with our bishop’s family, and then the real one with family on Thursday. I’m going to get really sick of turkey really fast. It will be so nice, though, to have meals pretty much totally prepared for me this week! And to not have to do dishes! That will be great. I definitely took my sweet mother for granted, doing my dishes and laundry and making all my meals and everything :)

Well, over the past few weeks I’ve been to a few basketball games and then our last home football game of the season. It’s kind of weird to think that by the time the next season comes around I’ll probably be on the mission field. Still weird. There has been a TON of people getting mission calls around here. Pretty much every Wednesday (when the mission calls come in) there are about 50 people that get their call. Lots of really crazy ones, and there have been tons of rumors being spread about China opening and things like that. Mormons spread rumors like no other… But I’m getting excited though to find out where I’m going!

Last week I went to the Men and Women’s Chorus concert and saw Jared. It was really fun! I also got to see Jeff and Grace that week when they were here in Provo! Unfortunately, I still haven’t been able to meet their little Charlotte :( I will though over thanksgiving! I also got to go to a murder mystery dinner this weekend with Missy and with one of my roommates, which was actually pretty fun. Jared was in it, and it was fun to see him in his element. He was great! Haha. Also that night, me and my roommate and some of her friends from summer term went to Lowe’s, which is basically like a big trampoline/ sponge pit room. It was sooo much fun! I feel pretty sore today but it was totally worth it. It was pretty hard getting out of those sponge pits, though. I think that counts as my workout for a month.

I also got to go see Les Mis at Provo High School last night. Even though I went by myself because my roommates are losers, it was really fun. It wasn’t spectacular, of course, but it was great to hear all the songs and everything again. Brings back some sweet memories of being in pit orchestra for hours and hours haha. It was also a good review of all the characters and the plot and everything for when I get to see the new movie that’s coming out soon. I’m super pumped about that!

As great as my roommates were the first couple months, we’re starting to kind of see each other’s flaws and irritating things, so we’re starting to lose our patience a bit. One roommate’s been acting particularly weird and we found out that she’s actually bipolar, so that kind of explains a lot. We’re having a rough time with her, but hopefully this break will allow us to come back with a bit more patience for her and each other. I actually love the roommate I share a room with though. She’s the only one I haven’t had a problem with. She’s super sweet, a ton of fun, and so easy to get along with.

Other than all that, I haven’t been up to much other than just tons of schoolwork. It’s going to be really nice to have a break this week for Thanksgiving. Not only nice, I’m gonna need it. I’m pretty much just totally checked out right now and am having a pretty hard time focusing on schoolwork and everything. I need to get out of here for a bit! I hope everything is going well for all of you! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4