Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dates, Diseases, and more Snow days

Stomach Virus of DEATH

There are very few times in life when I have felt that death would be a preferable option to what I was going through. This weekend was one of them. Tyler got very sick Thursday night, throwing up constantly and couldn’t keep anything down (or in). Then he ran a high fever with aches and chills. He was so miserable and I felt so bad for him. He didn’t get out of the couch bed for 3 days. I took disinfecting VEY seriously sterilizing and washing every single thing he came into contact with. It wasn’t enough.

We went to church on Sunday morning and I felt “off”. I went to take a nap, but started getting sicker. Stood up and threw up 8 times over the dishes in the sink. My poor family who had to clean it up!!! That evening I got much worse: couldn’t keep anything in or down and as I lay on the bathroom floor I wished for death. All day Sunday and Monday I spent on an air mattress watching TV and didn’t move, because yes even sitting up could make you barf.

Alayna and Kayla both thought they were getting it yesterday but seem fine today. I pray its gone for good and will never enter this home again!

On a happier note:

Marisa had a fun date this weekend with a guy named Aaron. There was food, a magician, jigglers, cotton candy, etc. She said she had a great time.

image

Bob and I also had a great date this weekend. We went o Fazolis for lunch and then went to see “Jack the Giant Slayer” which we loved!! Then we went to Orange Leaf for dessert. It was a well deserved break.

Image03092013151948

Snow Day, again?

I think I have actually lost track of how many snow days we have had. This winter has been ridiculous. Of oucrse, I don’t mind the snow days where I get to hang out in my jammies all day and sleep and read- it’s the fact that I don’t get paid. Our neighbor came to our rescue again so Alayna and I only had to shovel for 30 minutes. Have I mentioned lately how much we love our neighbors?

DSCF1778

DSCF1779

Alayna and Tyler programs

Alayna had her 5th grade arts program this week. I got to see several displays of her art and they put on a wonderful program about jazz. She did a fabulous job on her speaking part and blew us away with her solo. That girl has no fear and I am so proud of her!!

DSCF1773

DSCF1775

DSCF1777

While I was at Alaynas program, Bob attended Tyler’s band concert. I am not sure if he got any pictures of that or not. Tyler had band and choir auditions this week to see where he is placed for next year. No results yet. But he is in the marching band and is super excited about that!

Other things of note:

I fifnished my ePorfolio and got 100%!!! What a huge ginormous relief!!!!

Alayna had her friend, Summer, over for a sleepover. She is a very sweet girl and they made Kayla, Tyler, and Merritt all breakfast in bed.

DSCF1781

1 comment:

Burro123 said...

I wanted some jigglers! Sounds like you had fun and tragedy this week.

Utah- Part 4