Sunday, March 24, 2013

Breathe, show choir, and a spring break from heaven!

March 24, 2013

I started reading this book Breathe. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where there is an extreme lack of oxygen so everyone has to live in a bubble where oxygen can be regulated. It was an intriguing subject, but the book really sucked so I stopped half way through. Anyway, last night Alayna started running a fever, had aches and chills, and her throat hurt. It got me to thinking that 1) Why can’t we catch a break with illnesses? And 2) Maybe we should build a giant bubble around our home that regulates the air, filters it, has decontamination showers that you take every time you enter the home, etc. I think I will start looking into that…

Tyler had his final showchoir finale last night. He looks so awesome up there and we are so proud if him! It sure is a lot of work, but I think he has found a place where he really fits in.

DSCF1799

DSCF1797

DSCF1802

DSCF1805

DSCF1806

Alayna went to try out a bass this week. She has debating changing to the bass from the viola. The only issue would be cost since its like 3 x more to rent a bass than a viola. Her teacher gave her a cello to bring home and try out. She is still trying to decide.

Image03222013160107

I had an amazing week. There are few things in life better than spending Spring Break home ALONE. I know…I am weird. But I was able to work out, get stuff done on my list of things to do, finish my Masters class (with 100% I might add) and actually relax. It was heaven. I even cooked- my family was shocked. I also came to the conclusion that I could be an amazing stay-at-home mom without the kids.

Image03182013163436

(Sour cream banana bread)

Image03192013152722

(White chocolate raspberry rolls!)

Marisa was able to spend sometime with the Harts when they came up to celebrate birthdays and see Jared in the Men’s Chorus. She also spoke in church today and I bet it was awesome!

pinger_1398148666

1 comment:

Burro123 said...

Just for the record Marisa's talk was awesome! She did such a good job and invited the spirit along with telling some great jokes :)

Utah- Part 4