Sunday, September 22, 2013

An apple a day…

It is crazy to think that last spring we experienced a frost and had NO apples and this year we have what I would call an overabundance of apples.  We are feeling truly blessed in so many ways.  Yesterday, with all honey crisp apples we made: 2 apple pies, 12 mini apple pies, 7 jars of canned apple filling and we have been using a dehydrator to dehydrate about 6 apples a day and you wouldn’t believe how flavorful they are!

DSCF2275

DSCF2276

DSCF2277

DSCF2278

DSCF2279

Yesterday Tyler and Kayla took the ACT and then had a stake activity the rest of the day up in Cedar Falls.

DSCF2274

Picture of the bird Alayna saw on our fence…

DSCF2270

Things continue to be amazing at work!  Although I am pretty sure I am running myself into the ground so I need to slow down.  One teacher asked me to stay a little later on Thursdays to do my presentations for them because she said she cant do it like I do and somehow I ignite students.  I love that.  Another teacher was shocked when one of her students came right up to me to check out Legend.  She said, “I could have stood on my head naked and recommended the book and would have gotten no results”.  I got an autographed copy of Ashfall.  Long story.  I got new graphic novels for the high school too.  I wish I could keep the high school coming in and motivated.  The middle school has been going like crazy!  Again, exhausted, but I sure do love it!

Image09162013144353

No comments:

Utah- Part 4