Sunday, September 08, 2013

Quick summary of the week:

So, I just posted the pictures from Tyler’s 1st game and the parade.  He has had a bus week!!  We have lived here 9 years and this is the 1st time we have ever been to the Swamp Fox parade.  It rained hard for about 10 minutes before the parade started and then the sky cleared and it was hot.  Crazy Iowa weather!  It was fun to see Tyler marching and Alayna got lots of candy that was throw throughout the parade.  Lots of tractors and farm stuff.  Iowa is funny that way.

Kayla gave a beautiful talk in church today about how to set a good example.  It is hard to believe it is her last year here.  Where does the time go?

Our apple trees are crazy!  What are we going to do with all these apples?

DSCF2223

DSCF2224

I got 3 more boxes donated from half price books.  I cant believe all the kind emails I have been getting from staff on what a difference I am making.  I did booktalks this week and the teacher who teaches reading support shared several success stories due my efforts.  One kid came racing up to me after my presentation and asked for “Legend” to check out.  He had watched Revolution this summer and was so excited. The teacher told me she could have stood on her head, naked, and declared the awesomeness of this book and he wouldn’t have gone for it, but a few minutes with me and out of the blue he starts reading.  Stories like this just warm my heart!

Our stake  is doing a supply drive for Zimbabwe and the LDS church has agreed to pay the shipping.  I am STOKED!  So, I contacted the principals this morning to see if I can get both my schools involved.  I love that I am finally in my element and making the difference I have been wanting to make for so long.  It’s true, Having faith in God is having faith in his timing.

No comments:

Utah- Part 4