Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Cancun Trip!

I will cover the virus in a later post, but this trip had been planned in January.  Chad, my friend Angela's husband, called me and said he wanted to do something special for her birthday.  He wanted to know if I would go on a girls trip with her. OF COURSE I would!  SO he booked us an incredible trip to Cancun during Spring Break.  He taped her opening the tickets on her birthday and I loved seeing her reaction!  This trip was the only thing keeping me going.

Right before we were to leave, this virus had started spreading across the world.  The week before we left, Church across the globe was cancelled.  And craziness ensued.  Most teachers I work with cancelled their plans.  I I prayed about it- I KNEW I needed this trip!  Bob had left that Thursday to drive Alayna out to live with Kayla for a few months.  I would be home, alone, in the snow, overwhelmed by doing 2 jobs.  I HAD To go!  I skyped with the girls and Bob and they all said to go! Agelas family said to go! I woke up Saturday and got my checkin information and decided that I absolutely should go.

The travel days were long.  I wore a mask (and so did most people) My 1st flight only had 9 people on board.  The airports were empty, flights were empty and the beaches of Cancun were like a ghost town.  It was the PERFECT time to be there!








It is definitely paradise there!  We had an incredible trip!  We felt strongly to change our flight back to 1 day earlier.  I am really glad we did as the world got more and more crazy by the day.  While I was in the Cancun airport waiting to fly back, President Trump called a level 4 travel and literally said if you are a US citizen and you are out of the country, you better get back now any way you can otherwise you will be stuck out of the country indefinitely!  Talk about having guardian angels!


No comments:

Utah- Part 4