Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Guess who got the job?!?!

Alayna loves to do water colors (she really enjoyed her art classes!) She helped me make a book of trip memories for Ellie!



So, I contacted the new principals the exact day they were announced- a year and a half before the library job was posted.  I continued to keep in touch and shared things I was doing. 5th and 6th grade are hands down my favorite grades!  This year has been particularly rough with 7th and 8th graders.  This position is a very highly sought after position!  I wasn't sure I had a shot.  When we got back from the cruise, I had an email inviting me to come interview. I was thrilled!!  And nervous! 

One of our Instructional coaches came in and as I was telling her what I was going to talk aabout in the interview- she said No! Do these instead.  As I went to sleep I was so worried.  I woke up in the middle of the night with tons of questions running through my head.  I gave up trying to sleep and just went through answering them in my head.  The next morning, at the interview, I was asked almost the exact questions that went through my head that night.  I was prepared with great answers.  The interview went great and I was offered the position in less than 24 hours!

I also see Heavenly Fathers hand from many years ago preparing me.  Not many librarians get to start their own library.  I am so excited!  Overwhelmed and excited!


No comments:

Utah- Part 4