Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthdays, balls, business fair, and busyness

I cant even begin to tell you what we were busy with this week. I really should post a picture of our color coded calendar. It looks like a rainbow.

The 10 “happenin’s of the week:

10. We made almost 50 baby cakes (“petit fours”) for Tyler’s business fair and he sold out (see previous post)!

IMG_1326

IMG_1320

IMG_1321

9. Kayla started tennis this week. Its been pretty windy but at least the sun has been out and she has been able to play.

8. We got to go to see Marisa play her electric violin in the final showchoir concert. We saw 7 show choirs perform. I was amazed at how great the high school groups were. Marisa looked beautiful on a stand perched above the performing group. She did a great job and we are proud of her. I suck and forgot the camera and video camera!

7. I was reminded of a funny comment Tyler made last spring and figured I would share again just for fun:

“Wouldn’t it suck if every Spring you knew you would get fat?” Tyler asked one day. You can only imagine what type of look crossed my face and thought crossed my mind (Oh my heck! Does he think I get fatter every spring??) When I asked what he meant he launched into a huge explanation about the fat robins in our yard and how huge their tummies are. When I said that it’s because they are having babies, Tyler said “I KNOW that, but wouldn’t it suck?” Man! I died laughing. What a funny kid!

6. Alayna graced us with a special “birthday jig of joy” for Kayla this week. She wore her special sparkling red Dorothy shoes.

IMG_1340

IMG_1342

5. We had the primary quarterly this week. Tyler got to present a neat talk about Uchtdorf. The kids went from room to room to make a ring with apostle cards on it to prepare them for general conference. Alayna said Elder Hales is her favorite because his birthday is 3 days before hers.

4. Kayla made cupcakes and decorated them to take to school this week to celebrate for her birthday.

IMG_1319

3. We had family fun night at Linn Grove this week. Tyler ran the pachinko game and Alayna got to go around and play all the carnival games. We had dinner there too.

2. Marisa officially started tennis this week and continued rehearsals for Fiddle on the Roof.

IMG_1335

And the number 1 thing from this week is…

1. HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY TO KAYLA!!!!! Now she can go to youth conference, EFY, stake dances, etc. Whoo hoo! She chose not to have a huge friend party, but instead take the money I would have spent on the party, and use it to go shopping. So, we got her a few small gifts and made her a giant cookie. She bought a new digital camera to take with her to EFY and last night we watched New Moon to celebrate her birthday as a family. Happy Birthday Kayla! We love you!

IMG_1332

IMG_1339

IMG_1334

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love your background, and your post. I know why your family is always SO busy, you just have too much stinkin talent, and it truly would be a shame to waste it. You are very blessed.

Utah- Part 4