Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow…

I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas

No, wait! That’s not a dream. That giant storm with HUGE snowflakes that dropped for about 24 hours was real! Dear storm, you traitor! You were supposed to hit during the week when we had school! I even did a snow dance, which was embarrassing to say the least. Oh well, I guess I will be glad in June when we don’t have a snow day to make up.

IMG_2863

(Alayna shoveling)

IMG_2867

(Ty and Alayna shoveling)

IMG_2868

(Then I notice that they are NOT shoveling- Alayna is busy burying Tyler.  Can you see him?)

IMG_2866

(Making a snow angel)

We did, however, love the snow on Christmas Eve. This is the 1st year we didn’t make goodie plates to take to friends because we were worried we would get stuck in the snow. Speaking of which…

IMG_2881

(can you see the ruler?)

IMG_2880

Unasked for Exercise with an Ox in the Mire

We spent 45 minutes shoveling the hideous amount of snow off our driveway after church today because the van got stuck and we had to dig it out. Ugh! I didn’t take pictures because I wasn’t in the mood. So, you missed me in blue sweat pants, wearing marisa’s boots with my church outfit on, with a scarf wrapped around my head and black sunglasses on. I looked like a cross between Jackie O and the Michelin Man. Then Alayna had her church clothes on with pajama pants underneath and Kayla was out in just her church clothes and boots. I have no clue how her legs didn’t just freeze right off, especially since its 18° but feels like 9°.

Christmas Photo Blog

We have had the most wonderful Christmas break so far. We are spending a ton of time together as a family relaxing and it has been perfect. We celebrated as soon as school got out on Wednesday. We went shopping at Kohl’s because they had a huge sale and I had a 30% off coupon! So, we got Tyler several new pairs of jeans, since he seems to have grown a few inches the past couple of months and looks like he is expecting a flood. Then, we went as a family to see Despicable Me. That is seriously one of the most adorable movies I have seen!! I can’t wait to see it again!

Christmas Eve:

IMG_2872

(Tyler is the only one who was helping me make Christmas cookies.  See how much help he was?  jk!  We made a small batch just for us)

IMG_2882

(We only made 2 color icing.  Know what's sad?  It’s Sunday and they still aren’t decorated.)

IMG_2885

(The new BOM reading chart that Kayla made for our BOM challenge!  She laced ribbon through it and everything.  So glad we have someone creative around)

IMG_2886

(You like how Kayla looks like a zombie?)

Christmas:

IMG_2871

(Chess tournament)

IMG_2877

IMG_2870

(She built a barbie car from an old erector set)

IMG_2878

IMG_2889

(New monkey pajama pants)

IMG_2890

(Kayla with her new bow)

IMG_2891

(The Christmas Tornado)

IMG_2892

(It doesn’t take much to attract Marisa’s attention)

IMG_2894

(Our new flatscreen TV!  So excited!  It replaces the old one where we always had to have a rocking chair in the kitchen)

A special thank you to the people who gave us “Just Dance!”  Best Game ever:

IMG_2898

IMG_2899

IMG_2902

IMG_2903

Everyone Keeps fighting over my Snuggie!

IMG_2897

IMG_2908

IMG_2910

(We have a monk?)

Karate Kid Movie Marathon, Started New Puzzle, and played Mexican Train

IMG_2896

IMG_2895

(Christmas Crepes)

IMG_2907

Misc

*Survivor party- we had our survivor finale party this week.

*Finals week- Girls had their finals this week. Then they came over to my school in the afternoons to help as teacher aids. The boy students I have were tripping and falling all over each other for a chance to talk to them.

Battle Strategies

Tyler was playing League of legends, his favorite game on the computer.

Tyler: “I just spent 80 minutes on that game!”

Me: “I could literally hear your brain cells dying.”

Tyler: “But I was learning vital battle strategies, mom!”

Me: “Really? When exactly are you going to use those?”

Tyler: “Hey- someday I might like John Conner, leading the resistance against the machines. You never know, mom!”

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

So glad you like the game....we dance daily to ours. Way too much snow...but, a good excuse to stay in and enjoy your new toys. Enjoy your week!

Utah- Part 4